Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Year 11 Physics Challenge (Physics Olympiad) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done it? Or doing it this year?
    I've been entered and I have no idea what it is, apart from the fact that it's difficult
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by hxfsxh)
    Anyone done it? Or doing it this year?
    I've been entered and I have no idea what it is, apart from the fact that it's difficult
    You should probably find out what it's about then

ReputationRep:
    Yep, we're doing it this year too. If you google it you should find practice questions.

I done it today. Was too difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    I done it today. Was too difficult.
    I did it last week and only did the multiple choice and the two short questions. It was wayy too hard for comfort.

(Original post by hxfsxh)
    I did it last week and only did the multiple choice and the two short questions. It was wayy too hard for comfort.
    What did you write for the wave questions and the square root formula one tingy, ambigious one basically. I got 0 me thinks :

ReputationRep:
    What did you write for the wave questions and the square root formula one tingy, ambigious one basically. I got 0 me thinks :
    Can't even remember 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys?!! Can u tell us whats on it pls? Like what we need to know or what is on it

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys tell us what was on it pls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyonceisbae)
    Can you guys tell us what was on it pls?
    Stuff about waves and random af stuff. Don't bother revising.

ReputationRep:
    What mark did everyone get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    What mark did everyone get?
    I got told to 'not bother asking'. I got 4 on a past paper so I think I probably got around there again.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh tough luck man. Got 26 myself, but I know the top was 29. Bit annoyed though, because the wave questions towards the end were incredibly easy, I just began running out of time and sort of gave up without realising there were marks to be "won". I do think it was harder than past papers from previous years though, so hopefully 26 is silver/gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    Ahh tough luck man. Got 26 myself, but I know the top was 29. Bit annoyed though, because the wave questions towards the end were incredibly easy, I just began running out of time and sort of gave up without realising there were marks to be "won". I do think it was harder than past papers from previous years though, so hopefully 26 is silver/gold
    bloody hell you must be clever!!! i didn't want to do it in the first place so i just gave up after the shorter questions

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I must admit it's quite daunting especially the equation (which I won't display as some may not have done the test), which relates to q14. Ohh and I totally fluffed the first writing question; I guess that was a bit hard. My teacher says that he's only ever seen 6 golds in his career though (20 years) so it must be hard, eh? So no need to worry I guess!

ReputationRep:
    my teacher hinted i got 41/50.. is that gold?

ReputationRep:
    Wow well done!! I think it is!

ReputationRep:
    Woah beyonceisbae that's insane! Well done Physics a-level I presume? I think gold is like 32-33...so definitely.

ReputationRep:
    did you get to go for the award thingy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.