Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganSiddown)
    That's excellent! I'm very happy for you haven out thought about which college you'd want to be living in? (Unless you're commuting of course)
    Thank you so much!! I've been looking at alcuin and constantine but I'm trying to work out how all my finance is gonna' work first haha! What about you? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loella)
    Thank you so much!! I've been looking at alcuin and constantine but I'm trying to work out how all my finance is gonna' work first haha! What about you? X
    Aha same choices as me! Constantine is my first choice and it's between Halifax and Alcuin doe my second I think we have to choose around 4-6 options when we apply so I'm going to have to have a think about my other options :P x

ReputationRep:
    Recieved my acceptance letter today and will be firming for mental health nursing !! hope to see you all in september! does anyone know if there's a York nursing fb group or something set up so we can get to know each other ahead of september?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who got offers Received my offer for child nursing and am going to make it my firm choice! It would be great to talk to all of you before September . Ahh so excited for September!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my offer today on UCAS and have firmed York with Leeds Beckett as insurance. So incredibly excited!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for adult nursing and I am definitely going to firm York uni I think! Just super scared to start as I am going to be moving like 2 hours away from home hahaha! Well done to everyone who's also got an offer! Anyone else doing adult nursing? Really wanna meet some of you before I start haha! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalouiseex)
    I've got an offer for adult nursing and I am definitely going to firm York uni I think! Just super scared to start as I am going to be moving like 2 hours away from home hahaha! Well done to everyone who's also got an offer! Anyone else doing adult nursing? Really wanna meet some of you before I start haha! X
    I'm the exact same I'm maybe moving from Ireland to York so I have no idea what to do!! :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenfergs)
    I'm the exact same I'm maybe moving from Ireland to York so I have no idea what to do!! :-(
    Neither do i , and aswell I'm worried about placements and stuff because i won't know the area and i know you can be placed all over york!

ReputationRep:
    Neither do i , and aswell I'm worried about placements and stuff because i won't know the area and i know you can be placed all over york!
    So am I!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm a mental health student at York if you want any questions answered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeganSiddown)
    Aha same choices as me! Constantine is my first choice and it's between Halifax and Alcuin doe my second I think we have to choose around 4-6 options when we apply so I'm going to have to have a think about my other options :P x
    Constantine is nowhere near campus 😬 and hes east is shite tbh, stay in hes west! I'd recommend Alcuin as I live there, but it's bloody expensive and I spend most of my time in Halifax now and I wish I had got in there, Derwents cottages are nice too the nice thing about Alcuin is its 2 mins from the building most of the lectures and seminars are held in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skrittles)
    Constantine is nowhere near campus 😬 and hes east is shite tbh, stay in hes west! I'd recommend Alcuin as I live there, but it's bloody expensive and I spend most of my time in Halifax now and I wish I had got in there, Derwents cottages are nice too the nice thing about Alcuin is its 2 mins from the building most of the lectures and seminars are held in
    Were you from York originally just because I'm moving 2 hours away and I won't know the area so I'm super scared hahah! Also in terms of placements how far on average is travelling to them?

ReputationRep:
    Were you from York originally just because I'm moving 2 hours away and I won't know the area so I'm super scared hahah! Also in terms of placements how far on average is travelling to them?
    I'm from Leeds but I live a 20 drive from York and it's closer than Leeds to me haha. Placements I'll be honest with you. You will have to travel far, some people go as far as Northallerton and Scarborough. So if you're not prepared for 5am starts to be in placement for 7 York isn't for you. For example this placement just gone I was only abour 4 miles away from uni but I was still up at 5 in the morning because I had to be there for 7 since I travel by buses. My next placement is in Harrogate where again I'll be getting up at 5 to be getting the 6am bus from uni to get to 6:45 train to Harrogate. Placements are hard, they expect a lot from you as most have high expectations of York students as it's such a good school, so be prepared for very early starts and really take placements seriously

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.