The Student Room Group

How much am I limiting myself with A-level options.

At first I was decided on having a career in Science but now I'm not so sure I want to be stuck in a lab all day so I decided to in the future at university do a course with a mix of science and art based subjects like Archealogy. So I've decided to do:
Biology
Chemistry
History
English Literature.
Before I had Maths instead of History but if I should decide to actually do a more science based career am I limiting myself greatly because I haven't got Maths?
Reply 1
Original post by Ameliafx
At first I was decided on having a career in Science but now I'm not so sure I want to be stuck in a lab all day so I decided to in the future at university do a course with a mix of science and art based subjects like Archealogy. So I've decided to do:
Biology
Chemistry
History
English Literature.
Before I had Maths instead of History but if I should decide to actually do a more science based career am I limiting myself greatly because I haven't got Maths?

I really don't think you are limiting yourself. If you want to get into a science-orientated career, you're pretty much set with biology and chemistry, chemistry especially. That sets you up for Human Biology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Neuroscience, but you seem to be orientated around the natural sciences which usually requires 2 or more sciences and you already have two. Natural sciences will set you up on a huge scope of science careers if you really have no definitive idea of what discipline you want to enter.

Honestly A-Level Maths is only necessary if you're doing Maths, or like physics or engineering and that stuff. Pretty much all the basic concepts to learn advanced concepts are needed are at GCSE

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest