The Student Room Group

Your Biggest Academic fail

as we have got most impressive lets do the biggest fail

mine is not getting a score in my Year 9 Englsh stat.

Scroll to see replies

Spelling 'inconsiderable' wrong in year one meaning I lost the spelling bee :tongue:
There was that time I was predicted almost all A*s at GCSE and came away with CCC.

There was also that time I was predicted A*A*A*A for A level and barely scraped passes in them.

Take your pick :h:
I cried during an A2 Chemistry ISA as I did not reach any endpoints whatsoever for the titrations.
Getting a 6/20 in a maths test back in year 4 or sth lol... Shudders
Reply 5
Doing GCSE ICT.

****ing kill me.

Well actually, my biggest fail was being predicted ABBB (or something like that) and coming away with UUUD for AS. Currently repeating the year. It's actually incredibly fun! :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
U in GCSE food tech
Reply 7
Top of my class in Latin, chosen to do Greek with the super nerds

Dropped Greek... Latin GCSE = D grade

Either that or failing AS algebra and statistics....
13 us in as/a2 exams
I remember getting like 13% in a physics test once, my teacher described it as "a bit of a disaster" :tongue:
Original post by AdderDee
Doing GCSE ICT.

****ing kill me.

Well actually, my biggest fail was being predicted ABBB (or something like that) and coming away with UUUD for AS. Currently repeating the year. It's actually incredibly fun! :biggrin:

Similar story :tongue:

Doing IT cw rn and it's ****ing eating away at my soul :lol:
got 4 Ds in me GCSEs
Reply 12
getting 99% in a Maths Postgraduate exam at Oxford.
I'm such a failure!
Reply 13
I had to resit year 1

._.

Spoiler

Original post by Ua3142
getting 99% in a Maths Postgraduate exam at Oxford.
I'm such a failure!

You have got to be kidding me....I'd dream for that result.
I wrote the word boyfriends (novios) instead of newspapers (periódicos) in a Spanish exam. :facepalm:
Reply 16
Getting a C in a computing GCSE exam bringing my almost perfect coursework scores down to a low A overall. :angry:
Got a C in my maths GCSE, could have easily got an A or A* but i didnt revise, i didnt even turn up to lesson!
Biggest academic regret because i knew i was capable.
cambridge maths interview; interviewer asked me to sketch y = - x - 2 and I sketched x - 2. (I was doing really bad so they kept dumbing down the diffculty)

needless to say I did not impress them and that interview went spectacularly poorly
I only got 95ums in C4. Still haunts me.

Quick Reply

Latest