Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to revise whilst playing PS4? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it may sound like a stupid question. But I play PS4 a lot and do bits of revision while I'm not playing. However, playing video games is not productive and so I am wondering whether there is any chance of me revising and playing a game of FIFA at the same time, for instance.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you want to get a low mark in the test you're revising for, then doing it while playing PS4 is the way to go! But, no, you should seriously revise without playing video games simultaneously. You most likely won't do any revision at all, because you'll be focusing too much on the gameplay.

ReputationRep:
    Why is Jamie Vardy studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you should just not use your PS4 until in the evenings. It'd be silly to try and study and play at the same time - rather do one, then do the other as a reward.

ReputationRep:
    the events are mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Why is Jamie Vardy studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tuesday's game vs Liverpool saw me score one of the goals of the season; I am too good for football. Now, I've moved on, to education, to make up for the 0% I got in virtually every GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Jamie Vardy

If you play online seasons, I think each half lasts for 4 mins therefore 8 mins per game. Make sure you pause the game 3 times, then utilise the full 30 seconds you get to study. The opponent may pause usually pause the game once or twice too, so utilise that time to study too. So for every game you could be getting 1min 30s - 3 mins to study. Play 10 games and that could be 30 mins and that is all you need for GCSE lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckssss)
    If you play online seasons, I think each half lasts for 4 mins therefore 8 mins per game. Make sure you pause the game 3 times, then utilise the full 30 seconds you get to study. The opponent may pause usually pause the game once or twice too, so utilise that time to study too. So for every game you could be getting 1min 30s - 3 mins to study. Play 10 games and that could be 30 mins and that is all you need for GCSE lol
    I keep it mind for when ....

... I get a PS4...
    ... start revising for my exams ...
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you could make a recording of yourself asking questions, waiting a few seconds and then saying the correct answer. You could feasibly do that and play games like Fifa.

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean. When Im on COD Black ops3 I try and revise between the games when in the game lobbies. Its almost impossible to properly study and learn new information, however revising is not very hard. The trick is to read 3 sentences then repeat it think about it when your sniper camping or something like that, then try recall the information.

If done properly you can revise up to 12 lines of text per hour. Don't go any further then this otherwise you will forget.

(Speaking from years of experience)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.