Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Multicultural toilets to be designed to avoid street defecation Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Dubai is a bit different from Tahrir square or the suburbs of Damascus.
    used to see girls with shorts and tops when I went to Morocco, whilst most women wore hijab and longer dresses. No-one harassed the girls in shorts although they were in the minority, and I think that Muslim and Arabic people are generally really hospitable and don't make you feel alien when you visit their country. Unlike over here where they give you dirty looks ect for wearing merely headscarfs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    used to see girls with shorts and tops when I went to Morocco, whilst most women wore hijab and longer dresses. No-one harassed the girls in shorts although they were in the minority, and I think that Muslim and Arabic people are generally really hospitable and don't make you feel alien when you visit their country. Unlike over here where they give you dirty looks ect for wearing merely headscarfs
    In the tourist areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Not on our Marble floors. Our houses are exquisite.
    That would be why you live here not there, would it?

You Middle Easterners make me laugh, constantly saying how superior a culture is that your parents couldn't wait to flee from.

Europe is more civilised, that is the reason they came and you stay. But it becomes less and less civilised as your fellow Arabs come to live here.

There is an irony there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    That would be why you live here not there, would it?

You Middle Easterners make me laugh, constantly saying how superior a culture is that your parents couldn't wait to flee from.

Europe is more civilised, that is the reason they came and you stay. But it becomes less and less civilised as your fellow Arabs come to live here.

There is an irony there.
    I was born here bish,this is my country too. My parents were Europeans too. Mother was born in Germany and my father wasn't an Arab.
    I don't know about you but Europe is still civilised to me

ReputationRep:
    I was born here bish,this is my country too. My parents were Europeans too. Mother was born in Germany and my father wasn't an Arab.
    I don't know about you but Europe is still civilised to me
    It is your culture which matters, the place of birth is irrelevant bosh.

All your posts indicate you have a Middle Eastern culture which your mother's parents must have fled from. Just like I said.

What is with all this nonsense about how Middle Eastern floors are polished marble and better than British ones? How Middle Eastern asses are washed unlike European ones? Wtf???

You seem very confused WHAT you are, but you are definitely not English wherever you happened to have been born.

ReputationRep:
    It is your culture which matters, the place of birth is irrelevant bosh.

All your posts indicate you have a Middle Eastern culture which your mother's parents must have fled from. Just like I said.

What is with all this nonsense about how Middle Eastern floors are polished marble and better than British ones? How Middle Eastern asses are washed unlike European ones? Wtf???

You seem very confused WHAT you are, but you are definitely not English wherever you happened to have been born.
    In simple English..the houses are exquisite and y'all don't wash your asses but just use tissue right? No bidet etc
    I'm half European,half levant

I'm English baby or am I not allowed to call myself that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I'm frankly bowled over by this completely watertight anecdote. I guess that's the issue completely put to bed.
    I see what you did there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    I see what you did there.
    with the German design you literally can do this...

ReputationRep:
    Smelly immigunts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    with the German design you literally can do this...
    The infamous **** shelf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bet they don't even know how to use the 3 sea shells.

ReputationRep:
    In simple English..the houses are exquisite and y'all don't wash your asses but just use tissue right? No bidet etc

Ha ha ha! Yeah we tend to use toilet tissue, don't you?? I was amazed when I found out that you must never offer your left hand in Arabic cultures because it is considered "unclean."

I was once in Dubai in a cab and the trip took us out of town and into the desert. Suddenly the guy stopped seemingly for no reason, grabbed a bottle of water from the glove compartment and wandered off behind a rock. We could see him lift up his white dish dash and squat. The water was evidently to wash his left hand afterwards.

I didn't say anything but when I paid at the end said "no, keep the change."

ReputationRep:

Call yourself what you like, it is all the same to me. But it doesn't make you English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    Ha ha ha! Yeah we tend to use toilet tissue, don't you?? I was amazed when I found out that you must never offer your left hand in Arabic cultures because it is considered "unclean."

I was once in Dubai in a cab and the trip took us out of town and into the desert. Suddenly the guy stopped seemingly for no reason, grabbed a bottle of water from the glove compartment and wandered off behind a rock. We could see him lift up his white dish dash and squat. The water was evidently to wash his left hand afterwards.

I didn't say anything but when I paid at the end said "no, keep the change."
    It's like that in other cultures too but that's never been an issue in my family. I use my left or right hand to greet people

Loooool talk about sanitation

ReputationRep:
    Call yourself what you like, it is all the same to me. But it doesn't make you English.
    Oh so I'm not English? I'm not British? I'm what exactly? I was born here,raised here,speak the language. This is home to me baby,ain't you or anybody else gonna tell me I don't belong here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    In the tourist areas.
    No. Please don't go there. You are not a professor of middle eastern studies or their culture

ReputationRep:
    It's like that in other cultures too but that's never been an issue in my family. I use my left or right hand to greet people

Loooool talk about sanitation
    Sanitation is what the thread is about. Middle Eastern migrants defecating in the streets of Europe. If you don't want to talk about it, why contribute to the thread?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezWeCan!)
    Sanitation is what the thread is about. Middle Eastern migrants defecating in the streets of Europe. If you don't want to talk about it, why contribute to the thread?

:confused:
    Did you not read my very first post in this thread. I'm laughing at the irony of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so I'm not English? I'm not British? I'm what exactly? I was born here,raised here,speak the language. This is home to me baby,ain't you or anybody else gonna tell me I don't belong here
    You have a British passport I guess, and I am not saying that you don't "belong" here.

But you are not English.

ReputationRep:
    You have a British passport I guess, and I am not saying that you don't "belong" here.

But you are not English.
    You do realise my dad is an Italian with blue eyes,not both are Arabs. But anyway,yes I'm English just as every other child born and raised here who speaks the language and goes to school here and works here and contributes. Who are you to tell me what I am or what I'm not?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.