An earned B+ is better than a cheated A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    An earned B+ is better than a cheated A*
    Cheated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edmar Hadad)
    Cheated?
    Aren't you asking someone to do the translation for you?

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you asking someone to do the translation for you?
    Correct; you are seeing half a story..

We are given translation help at school but when i has that i only got a b+ since Teacher doesn't push us high as long as everyone gets over a c+ he keeps his job self admitting that himself so i have turned to a forum for help.

ReputationRep:
    Correct; you are seeing half a story..

We are given translation help at school but when i has that i only got a b+ since Teacher doesn't push us high as long as everyone gets over a c+ he keeps his job self admitting that himself so i have turned to a forum for help.

Ok just make sure you're making it clear that you're just asking for help and advice instead

ReputationRep:
    Ok just make sure you're making it clear that you're just asking for help and advice instead
    sure thing

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    -against acts that destroy theenvironment let alone our beautiful planet.
    A direct translation attempt gives : contre des actes qui détruisent l’environnement, laissons tranquille notre magnifique planète.
    But I don't really understand the sense of this one. :/

-I think that thisis atrocious and we must stop it otherwise weare going to destroy our planet.
    Je pense que cela est atroce et que nous devons y mettre un terme, autrement nous allons détruire notre planète.
    Translating "we must stop it" by "nous devons y mettre une terme", is a little more "complex" than a real direct translation, which will be "que nous devons le stopper".
    Apart from that there's nothing really difficult here.

-we must regulate the manufacturing of plastics and only use it whennecessary
    Nous devons réglementer la fabrication de matières plastiques et n'en utiliser que quand cela est nécessaire.
    Nothing special here.

-we can use metal bottles so we do not trash the planet.Furthermore there is a global issue concerning overpopulation since it directlyaffects every polluting factor.
    Nous pouvons utiliser des bouteilles métalliques de manière à ne pas polluer notre planète. De plus il y a un problème plus global relaté à la surpopulation, dans la mesure ou cela affecte directement tout facteur de pollution.
    I translated this one really freely. I think the sense is respected. It can be interesting for you to figure out how to arrive to this sentence.

Is it some kind of textbook exercise ? If so, woaw it's dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tf_pharm)
    "Let alone" c'est une expression anglaise, Voici une explication: "used to indicate that something is far less likely or suitable than something else already mentioned."

L'équivalent en français, c'est "....encore moins.."

OP didn't use it in the right sense, but I suppose to translate what he meant, I would say: contre des actes qui détruisent l'environnement, encore plus, notre magnifique planète

Or maybe: , et bien sûr,....

ReputationRep:
    rileystringer1
    tf_pharm

Thank you guys very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    "Let alone" c'est une expression anglaise, Voici une explication: "used to indicate that something is far less likely or suitable than something else already mentioned."L'équivalent en français, c'est "....encore moins.."OP didn't use it in the right sense, but I suppose to translate what he meant, I would say: contre des actes qui détruisent l'environnement, encore plus, notre magnifique planèteOr maybe: , et bien sûr,....
    Many thanks for the explanation ! Yes, it makes more sense this way !
    Thank you guys very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tf_pharm)
    Is it some kind of textbook exercise ? If so, woaw it's dull.
    It's a compulsory task i have to complete

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.