Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Biology Unifying Concepts today... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ResidentEvil]
    It's so unfair really, coz it's kinda not really testing Biology knowledge, but testing memory (e.g. how much information u can absorb from the paragraph without re-reading it), a bit of maths (although I dont mind that ), english language, working under time pressure, writing speed, reading speed, and analysation skills - and then they'll throw in like one small biology question to make it a "biology" examQUOTE]

Hate to say I told you so but...... I told you so. You hardly require much bio knowledge (perhaps the basics) to do UC. In most cases e.g that question about cutting off the nicotine leaf, you must have some common sense. But like I said I know that common sense is not exactly my strong point so I was prepared for whatever that paper would throw at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    I think you misinterpreted me. I'm still not sure what the question was asking for, dunno what's right, what's wrong.
    Well I wrote about it like it was a synapse. But I understand that is wrong (I have now lost 5 marks straight off and I need an A in this unit...) It was apparently just action potential depolarisation etc across the membrane. Which REALLY sucks because to be honest I knew all that. I did think the question was worded quite strangely though, I left it to the end and came back and just wrote about what seemed to me at the time the most logical thing - that the plasma membrane was a synapse it had to cross. Evidently that was wrong however, if I don't get an A I will not get into either of my universities and will be gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tealer)
    Well I wrote about it like it was a synapse. But I understand that is wrong (I have now lost 5 marks straight off and I need an A in this unit...) It was apparently just action potential depolarisation etc across the membrane. Which REALLY sucks because to be honest I knew all that. I did think the question was worded quite strangely though, I left it to the end and came back and just wrote about what seemed to me at the time the most logical thing - that the plasma membrane was a synapse it had to cross. Evidently that was wrong however, if I don't get an A I will not get into either of my universities and will be gutted.
    Likewise, i'm buggered if i don't get 80% exactly.

I totally agree with what you say about the wording of the question, it was tough to interpret, and I'm in the same position of kicking myself, since I knew the info to answer the question in the way they may have wanted, but didn't put it down because of misinterpretation.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.