Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Prime Minister's Questions - February 4, 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    Mr Deputy Speaker,

What is the Prime Minister's stance on the EU?
    I will guess he wants to stay in
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHelpfulMan)
    I will guess he wants to stay in
    Given that he led the In campaign during the EU Referendum, I'd think so

LovepreetDhillon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    We need to do something to alleviate the situation for the people of Syria, and part of that should be to take refugees by opting into the EU's quota system. However we should only do that provided a collaborative system is put in place whereby migrants' claims for refuge can be assessed, in order to make sure the immigration laws for non-refugees are applied correctly.
    Why? Have you seen the problems which they have give the Germans and sweeds. They are a threat to national security. You may see it as a moral thing to do, but I would rather you kept the current population safe then let in Asylum seekers- which some are obviously from ISIS, they want to move in to Europe as part of a Recruitment Drive, and when the ISIS asylum seekers (Not saying all Asylum seekers are ISIS) but it will increase their threat and reputation. Let refugees in and they will follow the same path in germany

1. Beat Elderly,Women and Kids for money
    2. Rape vulnerable women
    3. Increase tensions in communities

I have posted links numerous times showing letting any Refugees in could cause havoc. Its a shame you want to let more suspective terrorists in, the real life government let in 450 suspected ISIS members. Expect a war within. I predict by 2025 our population will be below 25,000,000

So on what substance do you want to let the refugees in? and would you send them straight back home after the war has finished?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam9317)
    Mr Deputy Speaker,

Would the Prime Minister agree with the real life PM that his reforms are suffice to stay within the European dictatorship of Germany, sorry the European union- or would he like to see further reforms, or even better, to retain the sovereignty and power back to the UK its self and get out of the UK
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    Mr Deputy Speaker,

What is the Prime Minister's stance on the EU?
    With your permission, Mr (Deputy) Speaker, I will answer these two together.

As the former UKIP leader will know I lead the In campaign in the referendum campaign. Bar the Defence Secretary I am probably the most pro-EU member of this House, and nothing is ever likely to convince me that it would be a good idea to leave.

If Cameron's reforms help in achieving an In vote then they are all well and good, but I have a feeling so far that they may do the opposite.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHelpfulMan)
    Why? Have you seen the problems which they have give the Germans and sweeds. They are a threat to national security. You may see it as a moral thing to do, but I would rather you kept the current population safe then let in Asylum seekers- which some are obviously from ISIS, they want to move in to Europe as part of a Recruitment Drive, and when the ISIS asylum seekers (Not saying all Asylum seekers are ISIS) but it will increase their threat and reputation. Let refugees in and they will follow the same path in germany

1. Beat Elderly,Women and Kids for money
    2. Rape vulnerable women
    3. Increase tensions in communities

I have posted links numerous times showing letting any Refugees in could cause havoc. Its a shame you want to let more suspective terrorists in, the real life government let in 450 suspected ISIS members. Expect a war within. I predict by 2025 our population will be below 25,000,000

So on what substance do you want to let the refugees in? and would you send them straight back home after the war has finished?
    If refugees commit crimes then they must face the full force of the law for those crimes. There is already criminality existent in this country, but if there is criminality involving refugees then that would seem to have more shock value to the Daily Mail and similar news sources and their readerships.

When their homeland is safe they should return, and should they wish to apply to remain in the UK they should apply by the same mechanisms as any economic migrant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If refugees commit crimes then they must face the full force of the law for those crimes. There is already criminality existent in this country, but if there is criminality involving refugees then that would seem to have more shock value to the Daily Mail and similar news sources and their readerships.

When their homeland is safe they should return, and should they wish to apply to remain in the UK they should apply by the same mechanisms as any economic migrant.
    You haven't really justified a reason for letting them in. Also its different to real life government so how many are you planning to let in?

ReputationRep:
    Mr Deputy Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister have any other policies to tackle Islamic radicalism in this country which won't disadvantage the British tax payer?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helfus)
    Mr Deputy Speaker,

Does the Prime Minister have any other policies to tackle Islamic radicalism in this country which won't disadvantage the British tax payer?
    I don't think we'll be able to have a list of policies that will not cost anything.

I think for example we need to toughen up on radical preachers (not necessarily exclusively in Islam but that is where I expect the majority of the problem to lie) and look to criminalise those who preach hate.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wish to ask the Prime Minister how he thinks we should respond to the Zika outbreak?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say that I am very excited to now be Woking under the prime minister after having watched him from the other side for a while now.

I would like to ask the prime minister weather I he considers culling the most effective animal control technique and if not would he be open to introduction of the Lynx, wolf or even bears back into the uk to act as a natural control of the dear and bore populations instead?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I wish to ask the Prime Minister how he thinks we should respond to the Zika outbreak?
    I must admit I was aware of a Zika outbreak but had not read anything about what Zika is. It's not a pleasant disease by the look of it (though what disease is?) but at the same time it's no Ebola virus either. I don't think any radical precautions are required at the moment, other than the general advice of "If you feel unwell, do not get on a plane".

(Original post by Aph)
    Can I just say that I am very excited to now be Woking under the prime minister after having watched him from the other side for a while now.

I would like to ask the prime minister weather I he considers culling the most effective animal control technique and if not would he be open to introduction of the Lynx, wolf or even bears back into the uk to act as a natural control of the dear and bore populations instead?
    I am a fan of culling simply because venison and wild boar taste nice.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This session of Prime Minister's Questions has ended.

*lots of noise from MPs*
    *chamber rapidly empties*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.