Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tacitae's odyssey to attaining As at AS Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No longer participating.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tacitae)
    As a dawdler who leaves everything - almost always - last minute, I have deduced (mainly from past fiascos) that I may need the help of a blog to keep me steadfast on my objectives. When I am not occupied with non-secular studies outside of college (every weekday for three hours), I find myself net surfing, listening to Debussy, Brahms, and Yiruma's compositions to subdue my concerns of failure. I would like to say that I spend my frees sensibly, regurgitating information, but I do not, yet. I spend them fretting about how much I have to get done instead, usually with a friend, walking aimlessly around the campus. :stupid:

For my courses I'm studying...
    - (WJEC) Religious Studies [RS 1/2 PHIL - The Philosophy of Religion and RS 1/2 BS - Biblical Studies (The Old Testament)]
    - (Edexcel) English Literature [Poetry, Drama and Prose]
    - (Edexcel) English Language [Language and Context/Identity and Child Language Acquisition]
    - (AQA) Sociology [Education, Research Methods, and Families and Households]

Having been predicted Bs for all of them, achieving AABB and then AAAB during my first few mocks, one would assume I am in a considerably good position, but with all the pressure and mental strain, I am afraid something will go wrong.

My weakest subject at the moment is Literature, but I believe it is because I am not too sure how I am supposed to revise for it. With another mock week coming up, I will hopefully find a way that suits me before then - a modus operandi of some sort.

And of course, they are all essay based! :gasp:

"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand." - Vince Lombardi
    It looks like you're doing well so far with your great mock results!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Your mock grades were really good! It's great to see you're not slacking I wish you all the best .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! :grin: I can only hope I will be able to maintain them. Things are beginning to get burdensome by day. If anything, I pray that by the end of the year I can look back and know I did try.

Again, thank you so much! Your comment only pushes me to work with much more perseverance. :lovehug: Much appreciated, murakamami.
    You're very welcome! By the working load you are doing I am sure you will be maintaining or achieving higher in your marks . You're reducing any further burdens by doing the work now, and closer to exam time you will feel a lot more relaxed seeing as you have started preparing much early for it . That's okay, I believe in complimenting those who work hard. Also, I found your list of composers very interesting, I also find Ludovico Einaudi a very talented composer to listen to .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I will work to not fail my teachers' and my parents' (and your) expectations of what I am capable of.

Good; you will do really well with a positive outlook of yourself don't forget about taking care of yourself too (which should always come first) e.g. Eating properly, sleeping etc...

You know, I felt as if I did not start soon enough, but you saying that really relieves me.

Honestly, I know a lot of people who have done nothing. So don't worry; you are starting at a very good time

:gah: I have just listened to one of his on the basis of your suggestion, and I can say, I will be listening to his compositions more often.
    He's amazing; maybe you will become fond of him like I did .

ReputationRep:
    You might really like Ludovico Einaudi - I Giorni (The Days)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.