The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Hey! I know I am little late, but after reading many of the blogs, I decided to do my own to motivate myself.

My past

Spoiler

AS Exam Results

Spoiler

Present
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students (actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it
January Exam Results

Spoiler

My classmates always criticized me and told me that this year I will feel how to get a U like, it has left a serious impact on myself so I want to prove to them and to myself that I am capable of doing it

I want to get 3A* (After January results now I am aiming for A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively) because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

I am so distracted and really scared that I won't achieve it so I made this blog to motivate me to follow my dream and not to give up!

June 2016 exams - Results:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck, work hard and you'll achieve what you need.
Reply 2
good luck buddy! Hope you get them and i hope I get them as well
Reply 3
How did you get 3A's at AS? I'm currently studying the same but im struggling particularly with Biology (too much content to memorise, hard to apply knowledge etc) . I'm on AQA or Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel for Maths
Reply 4
You can do it.
Reply 5
Good luck, lots of practice and work on understanding should see you through
Reply 6
Original post by PlayerBB
Hey! I know I am little late, but after reading many of the blogs, I decided to do my own to motivate myself.

My past
Well at GCSE i got A*AAAABB with an A* in Maths. Honestly at GCSE I was totally moving in the wrong direction, I had friends who didn't care about what results would they get so did I, until I have realized about 3 weeks before exams that I really want to study in the UK ( I am an international student) so I tried really hard in the last minute to cope with the subjects and ended up going to exams with just solving 3 past papers of each subject.

I was surprisingly impressed with my results and decided that I really have to work hard in year 12 so I did and got 3As at AS-Level in Chemistry, Maths and Biology

Now
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students ( actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it ( waiting for the result in March)

My classmates always criticized me and told me that this year I will feel how to get a U like, it has left a serious impact on myself so I want to prove to them and to myself that I am capable of doing it

I want to get 3A* because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

I am so distracted and really scared that I won't achieve it so I made this blog to motivate me to follow my dream and not to give up!

I am sure you can do IT! Work hard, study hard! Trust Me! Your past or other people dont matter. You make your own decisions. People will always judge you but the most important lesson is ignore them as they dont know who you are! You may even not know yourself that well- try everything that you can and you will know what you are capable of!

Personally, my parents are poor and could barely afford to buy fancy gadgets and could barely cope financially. Trust me. When I was younger, I was always in the hospital due to lots of illnesses and due to anorexia. After 7 years old, thats when i started gaining weight and my mum left to work abroad. During this time, this is when people judging me - saying that I am not going to get far in life as I am not smart enough. Considering that my mum was always been 1st honour during her education(high school, College) at the same school that I was attending. People somehow compared her to me.

People judge me including my family members- saying I am too thick. Now, I live in London with my family, granted a scholarship in one of the leading university in the world, achieved 420 UCAS POINTs... and many more.

YOU MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS ! Things will get better. Just work hard and you'll get there! Your hard-work will pay -off someday.

Good Luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zetamcfc
Good luck, work hard and you'll achieve what you need.

Original post by zanner
You can do it.

Thank you so much guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by milomcc
good luck buddy! Hope you get them and i hope I get them as well

Thanks mate and hope you'll get them too, good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Mina_
How did you get 3A's at AS? I'm currently studying the same but im struggling particularly with Biology (too much content to memorise, hard to apply knowledge etc) . I'm on AQA or Biology and Chemistry and Edexcel for Maths

I did Edexcel for Biology, Chemistry and Maths so I don't know how AQA board differs but I am sure it includes the same revision techniques, for biology, I created my own notes for revision and memorised how the mark scheme wants the answer, to ease on you the lot of content, draw flow diagrams, link the content to things you like, hope it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by kentdm
I am sure you can do IT! Work hard, study hard! Trust Me! Your past or other people dont matter. You make your own decisions. People will always judge you but the most important lesson is ignore them as they dont know who you are! You may even not know yourself that well- try everything that you can and you will know what you are capable of!

Personally, my parents are poor and could barely afford to buy fancy gadgets and could barely cope financially. Trust me. When I was younger, I was always in the hospital due to lots of illnesses and due to anorexia. After 7 years old, thats when i started gaining weight and my mum left to work abroad. During this time, this is when people judging me - saying that I am not going to get far in life as I am not smart enough. Considering that my mum was always been 1st honour during her education(high school, College) at the same school that I was attending. People somehow compared her to me.

People judge me including my family members- saying I am too thick. Now, I live in London with my family, granted a scholarship in one of the leading university in the world, achieved 420 UCAS POINTs... and many more.

YOU MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS ! Things will get better. Just work hard and you'll get there! Your hard-work will pay -off someday.

Good Luck :smile:

Thank you so much mate!! Your story has really motivated me to work harder, I was really desperate!
I will surely try to ignore them as much as I can, and work on myself harder because I've been slacking this past week
And hope one day, I'll get the scholarship as you did and achieve my dream :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Good luck, lots of practice and work on understanding should see you through

Thank you mate, hope you will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thank you mate, hope you will :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope I will what? Sorry, a bit tired and out of it..
Reply 13

My past
Well at GCSE i got A*AAAABB with an A* in Maths. Honestly at GCSE I was totally moving in the wrong direction, I had friends who didn't care about what results would they get so did I, until I have realized about 3 weeks before exams that I really want to study in the UK ( I am an international student) so I tried really hard in the last minute to cope with the subjects and ended up going to exams with just solving 3 past papers of each subject.

I was surprisingly impressed with my results and decided that I really have to work hard in year 12 so I did and got 3As at AS-Level in Chemistry, Maths and Biology

Now
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students ( actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it ( waiting for the result in March)

I want to get 3A* because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

Good luck !!!

you just started Year 13??
where are you?
Somewhere in the southern hemisphere I guess.
Holy ****, how can your school just drop Biology and Chemistry if there are students committed to it after AS? That's absolute ********.

I would just find a new sixth form honestly
Reply 15
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Hope I will what? Sorry, a bit tired and out of it..

Sorry, I understood you wrong, I am bit tired as well and nvm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by TeeEm
Good luck !!!

you just started Year 13??
where are you?
Somewhere in the southern hemisphere I guess.

No I started it in September
Yeah, I am from Jordan
And thank you!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by popcornjpg
Holy ****, how can your school just drop Biology and Chemistry if there are students committed to it after AS? That's absolute ********.

I would just find a new sixth form honestly

I wanted to move to another sixth form but I couldn't as everyone has already started!! And yeah they really got me mad after dropping those subjects, I discussed it with them but this has turned to a now result

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've got this!
Reply 19
Original post by vanillapod
You've got this!

Thank you!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply