Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Road to A*A*A* Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Worst case, is taking a gap year an option? I'm sure you can easily get the offers with your grades. But will the scholarships be easy to get a second time?
    I think it's not 403
    I believe it would be much easier to get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    My gut instinct says choose your firm but like my fears of not getting that A* is telling me well choose your insurance and the thing is I am 60% confident of getting that A* if it was higher than that then I would definitely not sacrifice the scholarship that was my main reason to study hard to get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would go with the firm if i were you. Put a lot of thought of it -you dont want to make a decision and regret it after

ReputationRep:
    I think probably I'll get A*AA

My worst case scenario is AAB

If I was confident about the A* then I will not sacrifice my firm, however, I have lost the A* in maths because of 2 marks and that's what I am scared of, if I lose that A* then my dream is also lost with it which is driving me crazy and hurting me much and I made this thread to achieve that dream

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I say you take a chance with your firm or take a gap year. This is if you're sure that you'll get an A* in either bio or chem.

Wait until the 20th before making a decision.

You could either,
    1. wait until mark schemes for our exams come out (they'll be out on a couple of websites illicitly before results). Then roughly calculate your raw marks and compare it with probable grade boundaries,
    2. or go with gut feeling (which is what I'd do instead of the analytical ******** ) on whether you'll get an A* or not.
    Student403's idea of a gap year is also feasible. As an IAL candidate you have the advantage of a January session to get your grades up as well.

Don't lose hope! Last thing you should do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjass)
    I would go with the firm if i were you. Put a lot of thought of it -you dont want to make a decision and regret it after
    Thanks Niraj, I will!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    I say you take a chance with your firm or take a gap year. This is if you're sure that you'll get an A* in either bio or chem.

Wait until the 20th before making a decision.

You could either,
    1. wait until mark schemes for our exams come out (they'll be out on a couple of websites illicitly before results). Then roughly calculate your raw marks and compare it with probable grade boundaries,
    2. or go with gut feeling (which is what I'd do instead of the analytical ******** ) on whether you'll get an A* or not.
    Student403's idea of a gap year is also feasible. As an IAL candidate you have the advantage of a January session to get your grades up as well.

Don't lose hope! Last thing you should do!
    Thanks Ayman! Yeah you gave such reasonable options which I will definitely consider!!

And yeah like I was going with my gut feeling but then remembered by experience with Maths so I don't know I should trust it or not

Yeah indeed, that's the benefit of an IAL candidate!

I will try my best Ayman, ugh that's the hardest decision of my life :/

ReputationRep:
    Ayman's advice is great. And don't worry. I know it is a big decision for you now, but whatever happens it won't affect your life in the grand scheme of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Ayman's advice is great. And don't worry. I know it is a big decision for you now, but whatever happens it won't affect your life in the grand scheme of things
    Thank you student403

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mark Schemes will probably be officialy released on 19th, I wonder though if somebody will post them by 25th July.

Hopefully everything goes well, PlayerBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Mark Schemes will probably be officialy released on 19th, I wonder though if somebody will post them by 25th July.

Hopefully everything goes well, PlayerBB
    Hopefully they will!! Thank you Saad!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the Deadline, hopefully you reached a conclusion. PlayerBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Good luck with the Deadline, hopefully you reached a conclusion. PlayerBB
    Thank you Saad, it means a lot!!

I did reach a conclusion, this conclusion was reached after I had a look at the mark schemes of the papers I have done.

However, I am going to say what university I will be going to on Results day along with the my results.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am new to TSR And I will like some useful study tips u used to get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, wow such a long time since I updated, I want to thank everyone who participated in this Journey with me by supporting and advising me, it meant a lot and helped me getting through everything!

Well, I didn't get the grades I wanted but I have achieved my main goal which is get into a university in the UK to study MPharm!

I have added my scores at the first page in each module, as you will see, I have risen up unit 4 chemistry which I got a C in January to an A* this June and I am FREAKING PROUD of that, I worked hard and I am glad it paid off. Moreover, in unit 6 Chemistry, the unit which I was going to almost give up on chemistry because I thought I did So bad in, that is unit 6, and yes I got full UMS 60/60 an A*. These two scores are one of my biggest accomplishmens and I am really happy about that

My other biggest accomplishment was the subject that I have started studying it on February on my own from scratch and finished it on mid April, is A2 Biology,although I was expecting an A* but got a B (3ums off an A) I am so proud of myself because I took the challenge, many people have already finished more than half of the book, others started revising it and solving past papers on that time and I have started looking at past papers for unit 6 in May and for unit 4 and 5 in June, yeah the month of the exam and did revise it once by just reading through my notes to recover information and I am so GLAD to have achieved almost an A

On this thread, my journey has started to achieve my dream and here I am ending this lovely Journey where I have met a lot of FANTASTIC friends and achieved my main goal and I am telling you guys that my New Journey will start on September to achieve a new dream at the university of Sunderland

ReputationRep:
    I just want add a few tips which I have learned through this time that might help people who want to achieve high grades like A*:
    • Be optimistic, if you want to achieve high grades like A*'s, then get your head off on the mentality of being a person who can easily achieve A*'s with the hard work
    • Set your goal, believe me life without goals is meaningless, even if you think like I am a loser, I just want to graduate or I just want to get the grades then you're starting off on the wrong foot, there's a goal hidden within you and it is your responsibility to dig it out, whether you want to achieve the grades to proof something or to attend a certain university or get a scholarship, you're doing it for yourself which will help on building your personality
    • Set a plan, this plan might not work but at least you'll know how much work you'll be facing, this will tell you not to lack off, and that this hour of hard work might be not worth it at this moment but will mean getting that A* on Results day
    • HARD WORK, HARD WORK, HARD WORK, I am sure many people have told you to burn your ass off if you want to achieve those A*'s or high grades but yeah they're 100% right
    • Make sure to understand everything you took in this subject, read further, revise it regularly which will ease the Job when you want to revise before exams as you'll notice you haven't actually forgot everything
    • Find your most suitable revising tool, whether it's writing your notes, doing flashcards, recording yourself then hearing it when you're revising, recording videos, basically anything that will make this piece of information stick in your mind
    • Take some time off, your brain need to relax as our bodies need to relax as well when we're doing exercises, so make sure you rest your brain by either participating in sports, playing musical instruments (guitar is my fav), writing music, anything that will make you happy and relaxed but like don't do so much of it that your brain become too relaxed that you don't want to study anymore
    • Set each day, how much work you want to finish and not just how much you'll finish in a certain amount of time, make sure to solve not just past papers but also any type of questions from websites related
    • Find your most suitable studying environment that will motivate you into studying, also posting posters or writing on the wall your goal(S) will help a lot to keep you motivated into working
    • Finally, if you have any questions, ask TSRians, make threads and don't ever be embarassed of asking a question that might seem so easy for them but difficult to you because it just means there's some concept in the question that they understand that you might not understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raji2001)
    Hi I am new to TSR And I will like some useful study tips u used to get good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look into my 394 post
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    x
    A nice review of your own which you have posted. By the way did you get an acceptance for your university and study path you wanted the whole time? **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    A nice review of your own which you have posted. By the way did you get an acceptance for your university and study path you wanted the whole time? **
    Heey Kallisto!!

I wanted to go to a different university, the one I got a half scholarship at, however, they wanted me to achieve A*AA, I was not sure at all I am going to get those grades so I asked them to release me and I firmed my insurance, I am really happy about this choice because I have achieved my main goal which is study MPharm at a university in the UK and get a scholarship and it's going to be at the university of Sunderland and I got an accommodation scholarship which is going to help
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Heey Kallisto!!

I wanted to go to a different university, the one I got a half scholarship at, however, they wanted me to achieve A*AA, I was not sure at all I am going to get those grades so I asked them to release me and I firmed my insurance, I am really happy about this choice because I have achieved my main goal which is study MPharm at a university in the UK and get a scholarship and it's going to be at the university of Sunderland and I got an accommodation scholarship which is going to help
    A sholarship? those are really good news. Congratulations! so, you got your study path, but at a different university than planned. If it is what makes you happy, the university shouldn't matter.*

ReputationRep:
    Look into my 394 post
    Thanks for these study tips. It has helped me very much.
    Btw what what do you mean about the sticker on results day.
    Soo many people have said it and i dont still understand the sticker concept that u recieve on results day. Both for alevels and gcse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    A sholarship? those are really good news. Congratulations! so, you got your study path, but at a different university than planned. If it is what makes you happy, the university shouldn't matter.*
    Yeah it is what makes me happy, I am so glad because I have my way started to become a researcher one day

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.