Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Road to A*A*A* Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    If you take a look at this link, you'll see that physics and maths tutor uploaded a few topic wise questions recently along with their mark schemes. I'd say they're worth practising once you finish a chapter in case you don't want to exhaust past papers.
    Thank you so much Ayman, they're really a massive help as yeah I don't want to exhaust past papers !!

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    So my basketball practice days are so many with the wrong timings and it seems like I can't handle them so I guess I am going to leave the team to have more time for studying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Update:

So i am going to start with pathogens and benefactors, it seems like a weird section, hopefully i would not spend as much time on it and start with the section about invading the body and Barriers to entry and hopefully I would finish it if I didn't fall asleep on the book because i am already very LATE

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Anyone doing A2 biology Edexcel 8BI01-9BI01 or IAL edexcel biology, feel free to join the thread that I have made
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3892553

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

I have decided to update on a regular one hour basis in which each hour I will be doing a target and I have to finish it even though the hour has finished then take a 10 - 15 minutes break and start with the next hour.

I have found in this way, I will be much more productive since I keep wasting time and not accomplishing what I should!

The target is to
    • Make notes on Invading body section and revise the part of Non-specific responses which i scammed yesterday and complete the next part
    The target starts after one minute.

ReputationRep:
    I have finished the target, however, it took way too long so I have to focus more and be less distracted to finish the next target in seriously one hour

but it starts after I complete the build-up notes on the previous target which by means after half an hour

New target:
    Finish:
    • Different kinds of lymphocytes
    • part of The Humoral response

Next hour target:
    • complete The Humoral response
    • Finish The cell-mediated response
    There is gonna be a one hour launch break in between

Next hour target:
    • Make Notes on the above
    Total number of hours that should almost be spent : 4 hours and a half (with 10-15 minutes break)

Today Aspiration quote:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    I gave my M3 mock today while my biology friends were doing their Unit 5 mock - they didn't look too happy

ReputationRep:
    I gave my M3 mock today while my biology friends were doing their Unit 5 mock - they didn't look too happy
    Lol they have the right to, it's a really s*** unit

ReputationRep:
    Update

Before starting today, I will go through again the Humoral and the cell-mediated response till I get them because I don't want to move on leaving sth that i don't truly understand!! I think I am also going to watch some videos on them!!

ReputationRep:
    How do I revise for biology? (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mina_)
    How do I revise for biology? (AQA)
    It's not the same as my speciation, but usually revising biology includes reading over through your notes, making some if you haven't, understanding things you haven't got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Update:

In biology, I have finished section 6.2 and organised its notes. I still have to finish section 6.1 and 6.3 before I can EVENTUALLY start with unit 5 which I am wracking about!

Hopefully, If I stay committed, I will finish these two sections by the end of February!

In chemistry,I am planning to finish today till section 11.7 of Transition metals which involves:
    • 11.1 - Electronic Configurations
    • 11.2 - Defining Transition Metals
    • 11.3 - The transition elements as metals
    • 11.4 - Variable Oxidation numbers
    • 11.5 - Coloured ions
    • 11.6 - Action as catalysts
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Update:

In biology, I have finished section 6.2 and organised its notes. I still have to finish section 6.1 and 6.3 before I can EVENTUALLY start with unit 5 which I am wracking about!

Hopefully, If I stay committed, I will finish these two sections by the end of February!

I am planning to finish till section 11.7 of Transition metals which involves:
    • 11.1 - Electronic Configurations
    • 11.2 - Defining Transition Metals
    • 11.3 - The transition elements as metals
    • 11.4 - Variable Oxidation numbers
    • 11.5 - Coloured ions
    • 11.6 - Action as catalysts
    ew, transition metals *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    ew, transition metals *shudders*
    Yeah :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Update:

I took Yesterday off as I always take Thursdays and Saturdays as days to rest and do whatever I want!

Today, I am going to come back to my hourly programme!

I am going to start after half an hour

First three hours period:
    • Revise Redox Equilibria intensely
    Forth hour period:
    • Do some questions on it

ReputationRep:
    Update:

I have decided earlier that I am going to spend the rest of the day on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Update:

So I have decided to stop doing the one hour target and instead just put a target for the whole day and taking 10-15 minutes breaks whenever i feel tired or bored

Today Target:
    Biology:
    • Finish: Asepsis and antisepsis
    • Finish: Drugs versus microorganisms
    • Finish: Antibiotics action
    • Finish: Creating drug-resistant bacteria
    • Finish: Hospital-acquired infections
    • Finish: MRSA
    If I had enough time left, I will make notes on the above.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Today Goals:
    In Biology:
    • Finish: C.difficile
    • Finish: Infection prevention and control
    • Finish: Different types of immunity
    • Finish: Inducing Immunity
    • Finish: Eradicating disease
    • Finish: HSW Dirty vaccines
    • Finish: HSW The pros and cons of vaccination
    Also to complete the notes that I have started it yesterday and try to make notes on the above if I had enough time

ReputationRep:
    Update:

So I have taken Wednesday and Thursday off, I had some stuff I need to handle at school so I was relatively busy!

Let's go back to..............STUDYING

I haven't finished all of Tuesday goals, Both HSW were left to study and I haven't completed my notes on them because I fell asleep on the book and I woke with NECK pain!

Today, I am going to meet a representative of one of the universities I have applied for, which is at 1:30 so I guess I will be studying after the meeting!

Today GOALS:
    • Finish: HSW dirty vaccines
    • Finish: HSW the pros and cons of vaccination
    • Finish: The causes and symptoms of TB
    • Finish: Treatment and control of TB
    • Finish: HSW Badgers and TB

ReputationRep:
    Update:

So I have taken Wednesday and Thursday off, I had some stuff I need to handle at school so I was relatively busy!

Let's go back to..............STUDYING

I haven't finished all of Tuesday goals, Both HSW were left to study and I haven't completed my notes on them because I fell asleep on the book and I woke with NECK pain!

Today, I am going to meet a representative of one of the universities I have applied for, which is at 1:30 so I guess I will be studying after the meeting!

Today GOALS:
    • Finish: HSW dirty vaccines
    • Finish: HSW the pros and cons of vaccination
    • Finish: The causes and symptoms of TB
    • Finish: Treatment and control of TB
    • Finish: HSW Badgers and TB
    Which uni ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.