Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't feel like doing anything Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I suddenly don't feel like doing anything any more. Lasts for a day or two.

Kind of annoying tbh. It might be correlated with stress since I had a very stressful week, but currently its 00:56 and I don't even feel like sleeping even though I'm a bit tired.
    Searching for some instant gratification, thinking of ordering some really tasty food or such (I'm not hungry that's the problem), or playing a video game. Although nothing seems to work. If I had some whiskey now I would have gotten drunk on my own.

Does it happen with you guys too? How do you avoid or overcome such a day?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    Sometimes I suddenly don't feel like doing anything any more. Lasts for a day or two.

Kind of annoying tbh. It might be correlated with stress since I had a very stressful week, but currently its 00:56 and I don't even feel like sleeping even though I'm a bit tired.
    Searching for some instant gratification, thinking of ordering some really tasty food or such (I'm not hungry that's the problem), or playing a video game. Although nothing seems to work. If I had some whiskey now I would have gotten drunk on my own.

I get it, everyday
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)

I feel a lot like that at the moment (for a few different reasons), which is why I am on TSR at 1am.

I would guess that the way forward is to just try, cut down on those things that give us instant gratification and look for new things to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I get it, everyday
    That's depression then. Must be hard for you tbh, I find this occasional thing annoying can't imagine the real thing.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    That's depression then. Must be hard for you tbh, I find this occasional thing annoying can't imagine the real thing.
    Hopefully gonna get diagnosed today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I feel a lot like that at the moment (for a few different reasons), which is why I am on TSR at 1am.

I would guess that the way forward is to just try, cut down on those things that give us instant gratification and look for new things to do.
    Well the thing that would work now for me is to go to the library and study until like 6am. Motivation always strikes me in the library, especially this late.

However I have a 9am tomorrow, and library now would ruin the whole day... Life is just a bunch of compromises...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    Well the thing that would work now for me is to go to the library and study until like 6am. Motivation always strikes me in the library, especially this late.

However I have a 9am tomorrow, and library now would ruin the whole day... Life is just a bunch of compromises...
    yeah it definitely would mess things up.

Perhaps it'd be wise to try and sleep. Even if it feels difficult and you're kept awake by thoughts or other things.. I dunno, maybe walk around a bit, go to the toilet, come back, keep clearing your mind over and over and try to get to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully gonna get diagnosed today
    Good luck.
    Wondering what in the brain causes depression or the feeling of not doing anything.
    I mean if something clicked in my brain almost instantly and I feel depressed, is there an instant way of getting un-depressed...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    Good luck.
    Wondering what in the brain causes depression or the feeling of not doing anything.
    I mean if something clicked in my brain almost instantly and I feel depressed, is there an instant way of getting un-depressed...
    Dunno - could be to do with some hormone :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno - could be to do with some hormone :dontknow:
    Must be. Dopamine levels and such too.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeoXx)
    Must be. Dopamine levels and such too.
    Possibly

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.