Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constantly getting put down by my friends Watch

Announcements

I'm in a group of 5 friends. 1 of them is fine to my face but a snake behind my back and he slept with my ex girlfriend days after we broke up. 1 I don't get along with at all and we've both agreed we don't like each other, we used to but he just started having a problem with me. And the last one is either really nice to me, like proper good friend but when he's with rest he's the main person who try's putting me down. Now the one who I don't get along with and the one who mainly puts me down always say things to me like I've changed because I'm in a relationship. Say I'm under thumb and that all I do is see my girlfriend which isn't true because I've got a full time job and only see her twice a week. I hardly go out anymore clubbing bcause it just doe at interest me as much and I stopped going out well before I got a girlfriend but they think just because I'm in a relationship I don't want to because my girlfriend won't allow me which isn't true. They just constantly put me down, say things about my girlfriend and say things about me. I'm 20 years old and it feel like I'm back at school. I've just had enough, I'm happy with my relationship and yeah maybe I don't see them much as I used to but I barely saw them anyway. I know that if I split up from my girlfriend I would have to run back to them but that's not case. I can take a joke or two because it's a lad thing to do but is just going too far abs I'm fed up. It's putting me down

ReputationRep:
    Don't ditch you're gf because they're being ********s, ditch them. You've got to think about which party make you happy, your so called 'friends' or your girl. Personally I'd say good riddance to the idiots and focus on being happy with the person you care about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If they really were friends, they wouldn't keep putting you down like that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.