Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spy_Lord)
    Oh yeah, box falling question was 40N right? 50N (gravity)-10N(air resistance)=40N (unbalanced force). Eh come on, that must be right!
    Yeah but I jsut did weight of 10kg times accel of 10m/s/s = 40N. i think that is ok.. used the 2nd law of motion f=ma

Was i correct in saying the falling object in the electric motor helped to turn the coil, wich induced current and lit the bulb?

ReputationRep:
    AQA-

What did people get for the momentum Qs?

The one at the bottom of the left page :confused:...
    and the one about how much force is applied to the nail?

C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    Was i correct in saying the falling object in the electric motor helped to turn the coil, wich induced current and lit the bulb?
    Well I'd hope so because thats what I wrote as well. In any case, I don't see what other answer you could put, apart from maybe going into a little more depth and saying it cut magnetic field lines.

ReputationRep:
    AQA paper

Momentum Q, i got 11.25 and the force was 112.5N i think. Normally i dont mind momentum Qs but that one was weird.

The sun Q's answer was that the very dense substances found on earth now had to of been made wen a previous star collapsed in think. that proves our sun was created fromt the dust given off from the previous one i think.
    Only 2 or 3 marks anyway.

The magnifying Q was really annoying for me. Couldnt remember it at all and it was a 5 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)
    AQA-

What did people get for the momentum Qs?

The one at the bottom of the left page :confused:...
    and the one about how much force is applied to the nail?

C4
    What kind of AQA is this?

Modular? Coordinated had no nails involved.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh this is confusing, all different exam boards/tiers in one thread

Anyway.. I did AQA.. Higher.. it was ok. That nuclear stuff confused me, so I made it all up. I made up some of the formulas towards the end too. And some other stuff, but I think I did ok.. maybe. Anyway, it was the last exam, so I'm happy Probably won't post here again until next year now

ReputationRep:
    Did AQA Higher (non-modular)- wasn't too bad.
    Generally content with it, though I wiffled my way through a couple of questions and completely hashed the alpha particle one due to general foolishness.

Yosh! That's science done then...well, assuming I've done reasonably well. I'll have to retake if I don't get an A or A* *sigh*.

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.