Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spy_Lord)
    Oh yeah, box falling question was 40N right? 50N (gravity)-10N(air resistance)=40N (unbalanced force). Eh come on, that must be right!
    Yeah but I jsut did weight of 10kg times accel of 10m/s/s = 40N. i think that is ok.. used the 2nd law of motion f=ma

Was i correct in saying the falling object in the electric motor helped to turn the coil, wich induced current and lit the bulb?

ReputationRep:
    AQA-

What did people get for the momentum Qs?

The one at the bottom of the left page :confused:...
    and the one about how much force is applied to the nail?

C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    Was i correct in saying the falling object in the electric motor helped to turn the coil, wich induced current and lit the bulb?
    Well I'd hope so because thats what I wrote as well. In any case, I don't see what other answer you could put, apart from maybe going into a little more depth and saying it cut magnetic field lines.

ReputationRep:
    AQA paper

Momentum Q, i got 11.25 and the force was 112.5N i think. Normally i dont mind momentum Qs but that one was weird.

The sun Q's answer was that the very dense substances found on earth now had to of been made wen a previous star collapsed in think. that proves our sun was created fromt the dust given off from the previous one i think.
    Only 2 or 3 marks anyway.

The magnifying Q was really annoying for me. Couldnt remember it at all and it was a 5 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)
    AQA-

What did people get for the momentum Qs?

The one at the bottom of the left page :confused:...
    and the one about how much force is applied to the nail?

C4
    What kind of AQA is this?

Modular? Coordinated had no nails involved.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh this is confusing, all different exam boards/tiers in one thread

Anyway.. I did AQA.. Higher.. it was ok. That nuclear stuff confused me, so I made it all up. I made up some of the formulas towards the end too. And some other stuff, but I think I did ok.. maybe. Anyway, it was the last exam, so I'm happy Probably won't post here again until next year now

ReputationRep:
    Did AQA Higher (non-modular)- wasn't too bad.
    Generally content with it, though I wiffled my way through a couple of questions and completely hashed the alpha particle one due to general foolishness.

Yosh! That's science done then...well, assuming I've done reasonably well. I'll have to retake if I don't get an A or A* *sigh*.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.