Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Let's get one thing straight Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't know the difference between total and per capita just shouldn't be allowed to take part in the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    You make it sound as if women covering up is a disgrace. You don't see women covered up "only in the villages". I'd like to think the majority of the women in the Middle East still have some modesty left, and they do thankfully. Lebanon, where some women tend to walk around half-naked, isn't representative of the Middle East
    Ameen sista

and it's not just Lebanon, you go to edgewear road, it's like Babylon all over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    You make it sound as if women covering up is a disgrace. You don't see women covered up "only in the villages". I'd like to think the majority of the women in the Middle East still have some modesty left, and they do thankfully. Lebanon, where some women tend to walk around half-naked, isn't representative of the Middle East
    I do not hate you.

You are just the product of a failed system (and larger experiment).

ReputationRep:
    Finally somebody brings up something worth mentioning...
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    It seems to me rapists are everywhere. You should go ask someone in BBC. Lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...inquiry-launch

Attachment 508793

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave lionheart)
    Read the papers in the 1960's(7 mosques 50000 Muslims in the UK) few rapes no grooming. Read them now (1500 Mosques 2,700,000 Muslims in the Uk) Many mostly Muslim grooming gangs and rapes .No connection mmmm people who say there is no connection to Muslim immigration are in denial
    Next you're gonna tell me Britain's first Mosque was built by a Jew

ReputationRep:
    Start a new thread for that one... just in case!
    (Original post by get schlonged m8)
    Next you're gonna tell me Britain's first Mosque was built by a Jew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debbie_KB)
    Start a new thread for that one... just in case!
    What an odd way of quoting.

I was taking the piss, even though certain cultures clearly do feed into the oppression of women, that guy is clearly a Nazi who is using the social acceptability of hatred of Islam to push a racist agenda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnomes&Knights)
    What makes you think that these changes are good though? Do you think a breakdown of modesty is a step in the right direction for the Middle East? I just hope women in the Middle East stick to their modesty like they have been doing for the past centuries. Walking around exposing half your body is disrespectful and offensive in the Middle East so I advise you to respect some of the customs whilst there since most people will be Muslim. You make it seem like covering up is bad and I find that offensive just like many other Muslims here.
    Thanks for the rep but...my comment was me expressing what a bad deal I believe women get when living their life according to what's written in the Quran. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    No doubt about that. But certain users like gnomes and Knights have been upfront and racist about it
    They haven't been racist at all...

It is a known fact that the recent incidents including the Cologne attacks were committed by the "refugees." Are you seriously saying that we should all just ignore the fact that it ever happened? The rapists were from the middle east. Fact.

No one is saying that rape is exclusively done by middle eastern people, but you can't deny the fact that the recent attacks were carried out by middle eastern rapists due to their belief that women are property and that they can do whatever they want to them. That does not mean that every middle easterner thinks that way, but clearly many of them do.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the "reasons" xenophobes hate migrants. Rape scare propaganda of all the scary black and brown and tan people crawling over. And most are just bogus stories and claims. How do people live their life with these erroneous ideas? lol

(Original post by offhegoes)
    These were horrible crimes, of course. But no-one here has said such things don't happen. This reflects on the attitudes of those involved, not on the attitudes of Muslims in general.

Come back to me when you have some real statistics.
    there won't be any real statistics. the councils, police and social services are busy covering up all these incidents for fear of offending certain ethnicity groups. we'll need another, more vocal person than Alexis Jay to lead the crusade to uncover all these heinous acts. For now, the spotlight is on the EU referendum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    there won't be any real statistics. the councils, police and social services are busy covering up all these incidents for fear of offending certain ethnicity groups. we'll need another, more vocal person than Alexis Jay to lead the crusade to uncover all these heinous acts. For now, the spotlight is on the EU referendum.
    So in the lack of any real information we should just fling mud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    They haven't been racist at all...

It is a known fact that the recent incidents including the Cologne attacks were committed by the "refugees." Are you seriously saying that we should all just ignore the fact that it ever happened? The rapists were from the middle east. Fact.

No one is saying that rape is exclusively done by middle eastern people, but you can't deny the fact that the recent attacks were carried out by middle eastern rapists due to their belief that women are property and that they can do whatever they want to them. That does not mean that every middle easterner thinks that way, but clearly many of them do.
    The Middle East is a massive place, grouping them all together is unwise. Saying the majority of American support Ted Cruz is stupid, but saying the majority of Texans support Trump is not. Some Arab countries are poor and thus some of their people are criminal ****tards who never got punished for their heinous behaviour, e.g. Algeria. Some countries are rich but are ruled by ideas from the past, e.g. Saudi Arabia, even though most Saudis I have met don't believe in what the government says, it's just that the government is keeping everyone happy. Then there are countries caught in the middle, like Egypt, Yemen and Lebanon. Those countries tend to be grouped with either the latter or the former. Not saying that there isn't anything wrong in these countries, but again if you go back to my USA analogy you would understand, even in New York there are some Ted Cruz supporters, just not as much as Texas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.