Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

SO I've just got my results back from my 1st year January exams and I didn't pass I spoke to some of the other students in my course and they say if I don't pass this single exam, I won't get into 2nd year of my course.

Is this true?

I've been doing so well in other coursework and modules, including the module I got my exam results from, I just don't do exams well, no matter how hard I try. I just seem to panic in the exam room.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdxmo)
    Hey Guys,

SO I've just got my results back from my 1st year January exams and I didn't pass I spoke to some of the other students in my course and they say if I don't pass this single exam, I won't get into 2nd year of my course.

Is this true?

I've been doing so well in other coursework and modules, including the module I got my exam results from, I just don't do exams well, no matter how hard I try. I just seem to panic in the exam room.

Any help?
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass , it sucks to feel like you work so hard, and then realise you haven't passed. Can I just ask, do u mean first year in terms of A-Level?

TornadoLord125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoLord125)
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear that you didn't pass , it sucks to feel like you work so hard, and then realise you haven't passed. Can I just ask, do u mean first year in terms of A-Level?

TornadoLord125
    I mean first year as in University, I've just signed up to TSR, so I'm not sure if I have filled it out correctly :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdxmo)
    I mean first year as in University, I've just signed up to TSR, so I'm not sure if I have filled it out correctly :/
    Ok, well I am not too sure about University, in terms of exams, however surely you could re-take the exams? It may just incur a fee, but surely they can't just kick you off the course for failing exams, there usually is an alternative . Good Luck

TornadoLord125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoLord125)
    Ok, well I am not too sure about University, in terms of exams, however surely you could re-take the exams? It may just incur a fee, but surely they can't just kick you off the course for failing exams, there usually is an alternative . Good Luck

TornadoLord125
    Ah okay then, I can retake, it's just my confidence has been damaged even more so now And no I'm worrying about the next one.. :\ I'll speak to my personal tutor today Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdxmo)
    Ah okay then, I can retake, it's just my confidence has been damaged even more so now And no I'm worrying about the next one.. :\ I'll speak to my personal tutor today Thank you.
    It's possible that any retakes you do will be capped at 40% though

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Oh really super_kawaii? I'm in my lecture for the module I took the exam on, I'm going to speak to my PT after to see my options.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdxmo)
    Hi, Oh really super_kawaii? I'm in my lecture for the module I took the exam on, I'm going to speak to my PT after to see my options.
    For most universities this will be the case, yes. Luckily you're only in first year so it won't affect your final degree classification, but it will in future years

ReputationRep:
    This is what I mean, why will 1 exam effect my whole chance of getting into 2nd year? It seems ludicrous.. I've been doing so well with other modules and coursework, and 1 exam, POOF! Chances are shortened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdxmo)
    This is what I mean, why will 1 exam effect my whole chance of getting into 2nd year? It seems ludicrous.. I've been doing so well with other modules and coursework, and 1 exam, POOF! Chances are shortened.
    Because this isn't school anymore. Most of the time, modules in first year relate directly to modules in further years. How will they expect you to cope in further years if you can't even get 40% on a basic first year module?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.