Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

SAS soldiers dressed in burqa in order to sneak in and kill ISIS targets Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Ridiculous and disrespectful to those who wear the burka.
    Of course you'd say that. They are protecting British people- be grateful, please.

ReputationRep:
    Btw, I thought we weren't putting boots on the ground just yet. Or are special forces an exception? Can someone clarify this for me please.

ReputationRep:
    The article clearly stated that soldiers were in disguise. What do you understand by disguise? They have a good cause and the aims of the SAS isn't to put forward the narrative that burka=militant. Their aim to sneak in and take down ISIS targets in which disguise will make the job easier. Is it wrong now to carry out meaningful military operations? Give me a break, they have no agenda here. They're not trying to put a bad name to a specific religious appearance whereas the ones giving a bad name to religious appearance are Muslim terrorists who have beards and burkas who go around killing innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that this story is true...

Positives:
    Targeted killing of a high-level ISIS target with minimal collateral damage
    Safe extraction of the SAS team without casualties

Negatives:
    "muh islum is of offense"

Funnily enough, all the people who rant about the soldiers disrespecting the burkha need to consider the quantifiable benefit of these men being able to pinpoint the exact house in which the target found himself and as such order a precision airstrike that minimised any collateral damage. Better than having the whole street blown up a-la-Putin because we had second-rate intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    The SAS then killed 500 militants with their bare hands and another 400 with a pistol. Then they went to eat shawarma at the local restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Assuming that this story is true...

Positives:
    Targeted killing of a high-level ISIS target with minimal collateral damage
    Safe extraction of the SAS team without casualties

Negatives:
    "muh islum is of offense"

Funnily enough, all the people who rant about the soldiers disrespecting the burkha need to consider the quantifiable benefit of these men being able to pinpoint the exact house in which the target found himself and as such order a precision airstrike that minimised any collateral damage. Better than having the whole street blown up a-la-Putin because we had second-rate intelligence.
    They can't consider it because it doesn't feed into their victimhood narrative. They don't like it. It's why they ***** and whine 6653242 times more about surgical precision Western strikes than they ever dj about Russia carelessly bombing anybody anti-Assad which is far far worse. They thrive off of the persecution....so long as it's perceived to be the West. They love it. It gives them strength in their Jihad justification. That's why they're so upset when an operation like this occurs and they need to find a way to be able to still somehow condemn it.

I'd actually go as far as to say that anybody who complains about this particular episode - where little or no innocents and only ISIS operatives died - is a terrorist supporter.

ReputationRep:
    Lol that's your opinion which I couldn't care less about.
    I have condemned ISIS before, I don't need to make that clear on every thread related to them that I post on.
    Couldn't care less? But could care enough to report me? Tragic

ReputationRep:
    Where exactly did I say that?
    Oh wait I didn't.
    i know you didnt, but its the same logic, atleast the burqa is being used for good here, i hope the SAS kill more of these pigs like this

ReputationRep:
    Apologist. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Lol that's your opinion which I couldn't care less about.
    I have condemned ISIS before, I don't need to make that clear on every thread related to them that I post on.
    indeed, its far more important for you get out your condemnation of soldiers killing IS members .

ReputationRep:
    That is actually quite clever. They killed ISIS terrorists members. If it is working then what is not to like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    Btw, I thought we weren't putting boots on the ground just yet. Or are special forces an exception? Can someone clarify this for me please.
    Special forces are on the ground long before regular troops, gathering intelligence. They remain long after regular troops are gone, assassinating targets, protecting assets, and extracting prisoners etc. The vast majority of stuff they do we never know about.

ReputationRep:
    What the SAS are probably doing in Syria.

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeh Booiiiyeee
    This- is- SPARTA!!

ReputationRep:
    I have condemned ISIS before,
    You may have condemned their actions, but not the ideology that they use to justify theose actions. Nor have I seen you condemn their agenda.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    Special forces are an exception. They have been used clandestinely and without recognition all over the world, for years. Their use is not announced beforehand. Kinda the point of them!

ReputationRep:
    Don't talk ****, these crazy ******* are murdering innocent people and deserve to be exterminated like the vermin they are.
    By any means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankyfranklin)
    Don't talk ****, these crazy ******* are murdering innocent people and deserve to be exterminated like the vermin they are.
    By any means.
    Quite right. You've really got to wonder about anyone who is upset about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Quite right. You've really got to wonder about anyone who is upset about this.
    Because they're Islamic apologists who'd sacrifice anything for their political correctness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankyfranklin)
    By any means.
    Indeed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.