Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

thought i would start a thread for all those planning on starting a pgce at southbank this september.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have my interview on Tuesday. Could you give me some tips and advice?

ReputationRep:
    It's very chilled don't worry!! Quick maths and English test, then you're separated into smaller groups for the mini teach. Maths was fractions, sequence patterns and English we had a small comprehension and writing task. But it's honestly not as scary as you'd expect!! Everyone is so friendly! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help 😊 What questions did they ask in your interview? And what did everyone do for the mini teach?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty general questions, why do you wanna teach etc, qualities you have, how you think your teaching went. There were loads of things, some people did maths so learning a certain times table, someone did an animals life cycle, I did the French alphabet. Do something you're comfortable doing and make it as interactive as you can!! People are v willing to get involved

ReputationRep:
    Great thanks. Where u told straight after your interview if you got a place or how long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    I only had to wait about two days!

ReputationRep:
    Hey could you tell me about the comprehension and the writing task!0? What exactly where you asked to do? Also how many people did you have to teach in the mini teach?

ReputationRep:
    5/6 people in the mini teach and then a lecturer. The comprehension task was about different ethnicities and achievement in school - we had to write a short piece on why this was the case using the source text and our own knowledge. We also had to find and change 10 or so spelling or grammar mistakes I think. I can't remember all too well, sorry

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.