Pinkey123a
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm a 16 year old student currently studying chemistry, biology, physics and maths in NW London.

It may sound absurd, but over the summer I would like to make a robotic exoskeleton arm more than anything but have very little knowledge about software and wanted help and guidance as to how to go about doing it, many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bern Herkins
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pinkey123a)
I'm a 16 year old student currently studying chemistry, biology, physics and maths in NW London.

It may sound absurd, but over the summer I would like to make a robotic exoskeleton arm more than anything but have very little knowledge about software and wanted help and guidance as to how to go about doing it, many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doesn't sound absurd at all Sounds fun

I've been planning to build a robot droid for a few months now. I havent actually done anything but its here in my head. I will get round to it.

I have never looked at building something like an exoskeleton arm but i shall just say what comes to mind.

You are going to need something to control the motors etc so there will be some form of computer powering things behind the scenes. = Raspberry Pi? Arduino? Small and relatively cheap, ideal for a little project.

You mentioned you have little idea when it comes to software, that's fine, this will be a fun project to learn hardware and software skills. If you use a raspberry pi you will probably want to use Python to make software to interact with the motors etc.

So thats my thoughts. I would invest a little time into reading up on Raspberry Pis, they may be ideal They also have a wide range of accessories like motors, bread boards and such in starter kits

Let me know how it goes
username2130115
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
learn some basic electronics and programming before you think about a project like that.
Bern Herkins
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As the above poster just mentioned:

Have a look at getting a Raspberry Pi and electronics starter kit. Have a play around with that first and go from there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (579)
34.4%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (690)
41%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (337)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.58%

Watched Threads