The Student Room Group

Anybody else who hasn't received any offers yet?

I'm an international student and submitted my ucas on 8th January. I've applied for film/film studies. It's been almost a month now and I still haven't received any offer yet. I've started to become a bit worried because all my other friends and classmates who had applied around the same time already have 2 or more offers or have been receiving some communication regarding their application from the universities. I did a Skype interview with one of the universities last week and also submitted a written assignment to them. I know at least 2 other universities I've applied to also have an interview requirement but they haven't even contacted me about it. I really don't know what to do. Anybody else in the same situation?
Reply 1
What universities did you apply to?
Reply 2
Original post by ARoxanne
What universities did you apply to?

Southampton, Kent, Lancaster, Reading and Falmouth.
Original post by Ivythe
I'm an international student and submitted my ucas on 8th January. I've applied for film/film studies. It's been almost a month now and I still haven't received any offer yet. I've started to become a bit worried because all my other friends and classmates who had applied around the same time already have 2 or more offers or have been receiving some communication regarding their application from the universities. I did a Skype interview with one of the universities last week and also submitted a written assignment to them. I know at least 2 other universities I've applied to also have an interview requirement but they haven't even contacted me about it. I really don't know what to do. Anybody else in the same situation?

It's been less than a month. They have until May to reply to you. Every course and university deals with applications in a different way. Try not to overthink.
I have not receivef any offers yet. Funnily enough, I am also subject to fee status assessment (although I am no longer international).

Although I am panicking, the rational part of my brain says to relax - they will get back eventually.

Best of luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's been less than a month. They have until May to reply to you. Every course and university deals with applications in a different way. Try not to overthink.

I know and I'm trying to be optimistic about its just been so quiet from the all the universities side. And there is also the possibility of not getting any decisions by May and then my application automatically getting rejected.
Reply 6
Original post by circlecircle
I have not receivef any offers yet. Funnily enough, I am also subject to fee status assessment (although I am no longer international).

Although I am panicking, the rational part of my brain says to relax - they will get back eventually.

Best of luck.

Where have you applied?
Original post by Ivythe
Where have you applied?

Cardiff
Glasgow School of Art
Edinburgh Uni
Robert Gordon Uni
Nottingham Uni
Original post by Ivythe
I know and I'm trying to be optimistic about its just been so quiet from the all the universities side. And there is also the possibility of not getting any decisions by May and then my application automatically getting rejected.

That is statistically so unlikely to happen that you can disregard it here and now. I see you have applied to Edinburgh, so I will repeat what I have said often on these threads, that my son got his offer from there on May 8th, which was the last day offers could be made that year. It may well go down to the wire with them, and if it does, it doesn't mean you have been rejected. No news is just that - no news.

Edit- sorry, my bad - it's the person you were answering who has applied to Edinburgh, but my point is still valid for everyone. You're still in the game until they tell you you are out of it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
I applied from Australia on the 13th of November and I still haven't heard back. Trying to be optimistic but the suspense is killing me :frown:. You're not alone
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ivythe

Have you received a fee status assessment request?

They will not send you an offer until they confirm your fee status.
Reply 11
It took exactly a month but finally got an offer 😊. Now I'm less stressed out about not getting offers!

Good luck to everyone else who wasn't received an offer yet! I hope you do get an offer soon!
Reply 12
Original post by circlecircle
Have you received a fee status assessment request?

They will not send you an offer until they confirm your fee status.

I don't believe I have. I've received a conditional offer so they might ask for it later?
I haven't received any offers yet either.

I applied for Law at UCL, KCL, Durham, Bristol and Warwick, and I'm applying post a-level with A*AA, and an LNAT score of 25.

I was expecting to hear back from at least Warwick by now, as there offer is AAA and they do not require the LNAT, but still nothing.

I'm just worried they'll reject me all at once, or get back to me so late that accommodation becomes an issue!!
Original post by Ivythe
It took exactly a month but finally got an offer 😊. Now I'm less stressed out about not getting offers!

Good luck to everyone else who wasn't received an offer yet! I hope you do get an offer soon!

If you don't live in the uk currently they may not need to until a later stage as you have applied as international.

I have applied as "home" so they have made me aware that I should not expect an offer until they make a judgment for fees. :/
Reply 15
Original post by L_Hemming

I applied for Law at UCL, KCL, Durham, Bristol and Warwick, and I'm applying post a-level with A*AA, and an LNAT score of 25.

I was expecting to hear back from at least Warwick by now, as there offer is AAA and they do not require the LNAT, but still nothing.

I'm just worried they'll reject me all at once, or get back to me so late that accommodation becomes an issue!!

When did you apply?
Original post by Ivythe
When did you apply?

November, but did my LNAT in December
Reply 17
I applied for Social Work postgrad in mid-December, and I've only heard back from one of them. I am also an international student. I heard back from one almost immediately with a rejection (because despite having several years of experience in social work, none of it was in the UK), but the only thing I've heard from any others is a request for more information. I know the Social Work programmes also require interviews and tests and such, and I'm getting really nervous, as well. Here's to hoping we both hear something soon!
Reply 18
Only heard from one, with a somewhat strange conditional that is so confusing that I'm wondering whether or not it's an offer.

Original post by L_Hemming

Also applied to UCL and Warwick for Law...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending