Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you actually get rid of an obsession? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Someone used to bully me and I cant get them and what they said out of my head. I just think about them every single day. like what are they thinking right no? who loves them right now?

I even dream about them. EVERY SINGLE SECOND EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YEARS.

I am ****ing up my life. I was in an exam and all I could think about was them I couldn't concentrate at all.

'just stop thinking about them' - how
    'do something that occupies your mind'- I do try that but no matter what I do they are on my mind constantly.
    'just move on, they are not worth it'- true but my mind set won't change.
    'what do you expect us to do about it'- Honestly I dont think there is anything anyone can do for me I am just posting as a last hope.
    'patheticx'- true but how do I not be perfect. By forgetting about it and moving on? How do I do that?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme18)
    x
    I'm not sure as there's anything else we can suggest really, sorry none of those have worked. Have you tried seeing your GP and asking to be referred for counselling and/or therapy? It sounds like this is affecting your life a lot and you could really do with some coping techniques that actually work for you.

What I find helps when I can't stop thinking about something is weirdly writing it all down, then it's done and I don't need to remember it any more. I can't imagine that'd work completely but might help a little bit. Also have a google of PTSD coping techniques- bullying can be hard to let go of and that's possibly part of what's going on here, or that they might help anyway. Hope you manage to stop at some point anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme18)
    Someone used to bully me and I cant get them and what they said out of my head. I just think about them every single day. like what are they thinking right no? who loves them right now?

I even dream about them. EVERY SINGLE SECOND EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YEARS.

I am ****ing up my life. I was in an exam and all I could think about was them I couldn't concentrate at all.

'just stop thinking about them' - how
    'do something that occupies your mind'- I do try that but no matter what I do they are on my mind constantly.
    'just move on, they are not worth it'- true but my mind set won't change.
    'what do you expect us to do about it'- Honestly I dont think there is anything anyone can do for me I am just posting as a last hope.
    'patheticx'- true but how do I not be perfect. By forgetting about it and moving on? How do I do that?
    I've been through a similar thing relating to my anxiety, have you spoken to your gp about the problem? They will be able to give you he best advice but for now, if just say distance yourself as much as you can whether that's speaking to other people, watching tv, reading just do whatever you can to keep them out of your head

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.