Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't think he forgives me like he said he has done... Watch

Announcements

Basically, I fell out with my friend a few weeks ago. We ended up sleeping together and when drunk, I ended up telling Everyone at a staff party this and kept having ago at him.. We used to be pretty close until this occurred. I have been really down a lot recently and ended up telling my friend I tried to take my life (which I did btw) they said they will give me another chance but this is the last chance I get... He mentioned about meeting up at some point and chilling.

Since then, I keep making an effort but it feels like he doesn't want to know.. I mentioned about meeting up but he doesn't seem to want to and he seems pretty close with other girls now... This really upsets me because tbh I don't want to see it and it's the fact he said he forgives me but it just feels like he's forgave me because he feels guilty. I know I am clinging onto him in a way but that's because I thought we was really close but I get the impression tbh he doesn't really care... I understand I have made a mistake and I have hurt him but now I feel upset by him and his actions.. :/ he has just made me feel quite inadequate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, I fell out with my friend a few weeks ago. We ended up sleeping together and when drunk, I ended up telling Everyone at a staff party this and kept having ago at him.. We used to be pretty close until this occurred. I have been really down a lot recently and ended up telling my friend I tried to take my life (which I did btw) they said they will give me another chance but this is the last chance I get... He mentioned about meeting up at some point and chilling.

Since then, I keep making an effort but it feels like he doesn't want to know.. I mentioned about meeting up but he doesn't seem to want to and he seems pretty close with other girls now... This really upsets me because tbh I don't want to see it and it's the fact he said he forgives me but it just feels like he's forgave me because he feels guilty. I know I am clinging onto him in a way but that's because I thought we was really close but I get the impression tbh he doesn't really care... I understand I have made a mistake and I have hurt him but now I feel upset by him and his actions.. :/ he has just made me feel quite inadequate.
    While I understand he is a big part of your life and you would like to mend your friendship, I'd definitely recommend focusing on yourself right now. I sincerely hope you're getting help for your mh problems and have told someone that you tried to take your own life, work out these issues just now and I'm sure you'll both be in a much better place to reconnect after working out on how to deal with it

(Original post by Blondie987)
    While I understand he is a big part of your life and you would like to mend your friendship, I'd definitely recommend focusing on yourself right now. I sincerely hope you're getting help for your mh problems and have told someone that you tried to take your own life, work out these issues just now and I'm sure you'll both be in a much better place to reconnect after working out on how to deal with it
    I am starting therapy next week so I hope that may help.. Still waiting for a phone call off them. I would concentrate on myself but this is making me feel pretty inadequate and worthless. I really thought we had a very close friendship but I feel I perhaps valued it a lot more then he ever did... Which hurts even more so I am unsure what to do

ReputationRep:
    I am starting therapy next week so I hope that may help.. Still waiting for a phone call off them. I would concentrate on myself but this is making me feel pretty inadequate and worthless. I really thought we had a very close friendship but I feel I perhaps valued it a lot more then he ever did... Which hurts even more so I am unsure what to do
    You are not inadequate in any way, what you are going through right now is affecting the way oh see yourself but all those negative thoughts are not your own and through getting help, you'll be able to get past them and see that you are a valued human being. When you have reached a point where you feel better, I would recommend trying to reach out to him again, he may well be keeping his distance as he doesn't know if he can help you right now. Like I said, focus on yourself right now

(Original post by Blondie987)
    You are not inadequate in any way, what you are going through right now is affecting the way oh see yourself but all those negative thoughts are not your own and through getting help, you'll be able to get past them and see that you are a valued human being. When you have reached a point where you feel better, I would recommend trying to reach out to him again, he may well be keeping his distance as he doesn't know if he can help you right now. Like I said, focus on yourself right now
    I suppose you are right. I think deep down I am jealous and have liked him more as a friend.. It's cut me up deep since it's very rare for me to even be close to anyone or feel I can relate to someone and tbh, with him - I felt that.. I even wrote an letter trying to explain and tbh I opened myself up to him so much in regards to that letter.. So now I feel pretty vulnerable. I understand that I broke his trust, which I never intentionally wanted to do at all, heck, I really miss him I work with him too and got to see him for an hour before my shift ends...

He said before that he told me a lot of deep stuff and opened up to me and invited me into his home (I am the only one from work who has gone round his house as far as I am aware)... He says this to me but then when I see other things on Instagram or Facebook, that's when I get the feeling of being inadequate or he never really valued how deep our friendship is/was...

Admittedly, I do think it's me who cares more about him then he does about me... I even said before to him I feel like he takes me for granted... I know the best thing to perhaps do is not care and try and move on. Maybe I should speak to him about it in a few weeks or something or see how having a few shifts with him will be like... I guess it might take time for him to be able to trust me like that again and I am being impatient... I just feel pretty upset and hurt ATM

ReputationRep:
    I suppose you are right. I think deep down I am jealous and have liked him more as a friend.. It's cut me up deep since it's very rare for me to even be close to anyone or feel I can relate to someone and tbh, with him - I felt that.. I even wrote an letter trying to explain and tbh I opened myself up to him so much in regards to that letter.. So now I feel pretty vulnerable. I understand that I broke his trust, which I never intentionally wanted to do at all, heck, I really miss him I work with him too and got to see him for an hour before my shift ends...

He said before that he told me a lot of deep stuff and opened up to me and invited me into his home (I am the only one from work who has gone round his house as far as I am aware)... He says this to me but then when I see other things on Instagram or Facebook, that's when I get the feeling of being inadequate or he never really valued how deep our friendship is/was...

Admittedly, I do think it's me who cares more about him then he does about me... I even said before to him I feel like he takes me for granted... I know the best thing to perhaps do is not care and try and move on. Maybe I should speak to him about it in a few weeks or something or see how having a few shifts with him will be like... I guess it might take time for him to be able to trust me like that again and I am being impatient... I just feel pretty upset and hurt ATM
    I'm sorry you're feeling like that, but if he is taking you for granted then I'd say it's best for you to try and just focus on other things as you'll be in a much better place to connect with other people after you've attended therapy. I really hope you fell better and wish you all the luck in the world with your therapy, good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.