?
Report 14 years ago
just read the thread. sorry you never got the job
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
does anyone work at Asda? or work as a Cleaner?

Thanks
sarah101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
I didnt get the job that i went to the recruitment event for, it was at argos and they were opening a store so they needed people, i got a letter today saying i was unsuccessful in getting it.

Great! I still have no job, its been 4 months now and i havent got one, ive applied everywhere that has needed people and no luck.

Anyone got any ideas of a job i can easily get e.g cleaner? im 17 years old.

Thanks
I went for a job at Argos, they turned me down, I got another job instead and a month later they called up and said actually would i like the place after all! I'm assuming that whoever got it hated it so much they left, so many it's not that great a place to work after all.
james101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
you still work there?
sarah101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
i have just got an application form to Asda, does anyone work there?

What do you think and also what did you have to do to get the job and how long did it take?

Thanks
I don't work at asda but at tesco which is incredibly boring but reasonably well-paid. The good thing about supermarkets is they have to comply to all the rules so you will definitely get a decent wage (smaller companies can get away with paying less - in my experience anyway). The problem with Asda is they expect you to work a certain number of hours a week even if you're part time (and it's quite a lot, I think 15 hours-ish?). This can be difficult if you're doing A-levels or something at the same time. However they were once voted the best employer of young people...

As far as job interviews go, it's a bit of a lottery really. When I applied to Tesco's it was before my GCSEs and I had no qualifications whatsoever. My friend applied the other month with 7A*s and 3As and 4 As at AS-level and got rejected!

I'm fairly sure Asda try and make their interviews quite informal - big group discussions and workshops and things. You also get a discount there right away - it takes a year at Tesco.

When I applied for a part-time job a couple of years ago I must have sent out about 20 application forms and from that only 5 bothered to reply and only 3 offered me jobs (one was Argos, the other paid £2.50 an hour!). So yes, persistence is key! good luck.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads