Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many times have you moved? Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I've moved 5 times! I used to live where I live now from when I was born until I was 6, then I moved to the coast and moved back here a few years later. I prefer where I am now to where I used to live.

What about you? :confused: I'm curious again — sorry

ReputationRep:
    Today: zero.

Still in bed. :yawn:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Today: zero.

Still in bed. :yawn:
    This was clever. I should have been more specific. You've not moved all day?! That's so bad :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've moved 6 times...vietnam - london - south wales - yorkshire - back to london - moved around london again - and back to wales.

I dont like moving, but i dont regret any of it. I had good times at all the schools
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I've moved 6 times...vietnam - london - south wales - yorkshire - back to london - moved around london again - and back to wales.

I dont like moving, but i dont regret any of it. I had good times at all the schools
    Wow! You've really been all over the place — it's always hard leaving schools behind though :sadnod: that's what I found hard to do too. I don't think anybody likes moving, it's such a pain… you like Wales, though?

ReputationRep:
    Never
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Once, when I was little
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Wow! You've really been all over the place — it's always hard leaving schools behind though :sadnod: that's what I found hard to do too. I don't think anybody likes moving, it's such a pain… you like Wales, though?
    culturally not so much, i like the community in london way more. but the houses are very noice, my parents can easily afford a house with a large rooms and garden, so its not cooped up like the expensive flats in london. luckily, i dont have to move schools anytime soon, we're pretty much settled now in Wales but i do want to return to england one day, it just feels so much different there

ReputationRep:
    Only twice,the same area/borough. We moved when I was 4 from our first house when my parents brought the house I live in now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    Never
    Me neither!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    culturally not so much, i like the community in london way more. but the houses are very noice, my parents can easily afford a house with a large rooms and garden, so its not cooped up like the expensive flats in london. luckily, i dont have to move schools anytime soon, we're pretty much settled now in Wales but i do want to return to england one day, it just feels so much different there
    It's interesting you say that, I've never really thought that there'd be that much difference? Do you have to learn Cymraeg? I suppose the houses are always a plus, you're right… London is so expensive!

(Original post by hxfsxh)
    Never
    Really?! Not even once? Wow, that's weird and cool at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    8 times since leaving my parents house at 18. I didn't count the months living on a campsite or the time spent travelling.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Me neither!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another never! How comes? I always find it odd that there are people who've never moved, I suppose we're the weird ones really
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Amsterdam - Tokyo - London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Me neither!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eyy, snap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Really?! Not even once? Wow, that's weird and cool at the same time.
    We've never had the need to move! My parents work together in the same business, and where we live is renowned for its education and living standards, so it'd be foolish to move

ReputationRep:
    Twice, three times if it counts when you move to uni.

The first time I literally moved one street down from the first house lol but we only stayed there for 6 months or so whilst the next house was being hunted for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Amsterdam - Tokyo - London.
    *_* — you've lived in some really cool places. Which of them do you prefer the most?

(Original post by Reue)
    8 times since leaving my parents house at 18. I didn't count the months living on a campsite or the time spent travelling.
    Eight?! That's nuts and must have been so stressful! In the same general area or a long distance move? :eek:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand -> Australia -> UK

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.