Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims, if your child left Islam, what would you do? Watch

Announcements

One of my best friends grew up in a very strict Muslim family and when she was about 16, she started to question Islam and realised she didn't agree with a lot of the religion. She didn't say anything to her parents until she left for university. Her family has now disowned her and she's been banned from talking to any of her relatives. I found it incredibly sad considering her parents chose religion over their own child so it got me curious.

Muslims of tsr, what would you do if your child told you they didn't agree with Islam and left the religion for atheism?

We shy??

ReputationRep:
    They would quickly tell their family, and the news would spread like wildfire throughout their community and the men will bring out their wardrums, machetes and bidets and start on a death march to where their child is, proclaiming loudly: "God is Great".

The women, marching from 100 yards behind, due to their repulsiveness will start lynching random people on the streets, wailing and tearing their eyeballs out.

ReputationRep:
    I would let them practice their right for freedom. I would LOVE them for being my children. I would treat them as I used to before. Seriously, for me nothing would come first but the fact that they are my children. They can be gay, lesbian, dark, fat, skinny or non Muslim, I'd love my children for life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    Lol, I'd say the parents were quite lenient seeing as the Quran says you should kill anyone that leaves Islam. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is not true at all. Nowhere in the Quran does it say so. Know the true facts before commenting please.

ReputationRep:
    Flog them obviously

As long as he/she doesn't turn into some whore, i'd be fine with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As long as he/she doesn't turn into some whore, i'd be fine with it
    Looool 'some whore'

NOTHING. It's their choice. As long as they're good people.

I think what those parents did was justifiable. I know they're your children but if you're a true Muslim you believe that non Muslims don't go to paradise. Who would want their children in hell for eternity? I certainly understand their point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    They would quickly tell their family, and the news would spread like wildfire throughout their community and the men will bring out their wardrums, machetes and bidets and start on a death march to where their child is, proclaiming loudly: "God is Great".

The women, marching from 100 yards behind, due to their repulsiveness will start lynching random people on the streets, wailing and tearing their eyeballs out.
    Accurate summary of what happens in countries like Iran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    I think what those parents did was justifiable. I know they're your children but if you're a true Muslim you believe that non Muslims don't go to paradise. Who would want their children in hell for eternity? I certainly understand their point of view.
    And disowning them is going to help them not go to hell for eternity how exactly?

ReputationRep:
    what is there to do?

ReputationRep:
    some of the comments on here are really disturbing I've never been muslim but to disown or kill someone because they're not like you? Thats completely irrational I'm actually worried for some of you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)

The question was for Muslims, clearly you aren't one and your post is pathetic with an unfunny generalisation.

Different Muslims will react differently. My life is better after leaving that religion and I have not lost family, close friends or anyone else who matters. Everyone except my dad is OK to talk to about my lack of religious beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Do you cast them away because you think that they're going to Hell? Logical.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all thats just culture over religion, just bullsht, i would be like ok its your choice, islam says freewill

(Original post by arfah)
    disgusting attempt at justifying some parents' vile actions. What someone said here is so true, how can any normal human being choose their religion over their children. I've left Islam and my parents said they don't give a toss about the religion, that I'll always be their child and that's all that matters. Disowning them and banning them from seeing you isn't going to make them come back to Islam is it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'd say the parents were quite lenient seeing as the Quran says you should kill anyone that leaves Islam. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The killing of apostates is funny? Really?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.