Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims, if your child left Islam, what would you do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    If you look, people like BrokenLife don't believe that, so you can't generalise like that.

truth is people are judged for their religion or lack of all the time, you've seen the amount of **** Muslims get on this site, whether you're moderate or not. I agree with you but you make it seem like it's just Muslims judging others all the time.
    Samosa, I agree, I agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    "Muhammad is a narcissist, a pedophile, a mass murderer,
    a terrorist, a misogynist, a lecher, a cult leader, a madman
    a rapist, a torturer, an assassin and a looter."

Former Muslim Ali Sina offered $50,000 to anyone
    who could prove this wrong based on Islamic texts.

The reward has gone unclaimed.
    Not that I think that Muhammad is a great figurehead but if Ali Sina makes a claim, the burden of proof is on him, not those who say he is wrong. This is a man who referred to Muslims as subhuman and said that he would like to see cities nuked in the Islamic world because he doesn't see Muslims as innocent. You "don't have a problem with most Muslims" but have no qualms with quoting genocidal hate preachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Then explain why Muhammad (peace be upon him) committed the genocide of the Meccans in an unprovoked surprise attack despite a peace treaty having been made between themselves and his followers.

Please bear in mind, I'm not dissing your prophet here. The prophets of many other religions have done things which are just as horrible. To be honest, I just love it when history contradicts what people say. No hard feelings, okay?
    Sahih Muslim 1766 "The Jews of Banu Nadeer and Banu Quraiza waged war against the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, so he expelled Banu Nadeer but he allowed Banu Quraiza to stay and he granted them favor until they also waged war after that."

ReputationRep:
    Looking from another perspective, as an atheist i wouldn't care if my child followed a religion as long as they were good people. Its really sad parents disowning their kids because of religion. Probably the gods they believe would disown them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    I think what those parents did was justifiable. I know they're your children but if you're a true Muslim you believe that non Muslims don't go to paradise. Who would want their children in hell for eternity? I certainly understand their point of view.
    So you'd happily give up your own child for some belief of hell?

You'd make a great parent I'm sure. Disowning a child for leaving a faith speaks volumes of the parent.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    So you'd happily give up your own child for some belief of hell?

You'd make a great parent I'm sure. Disowning a child for leaving a faith speaks volumes of the parent.
    Lol you haven't read what I posted after. No I personally wouldn't be able to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

*Muhammad was responsible for multiple genocides including that of his own people, this is recorded in Islamic texts dating back to that time and is a source of pride for many Muslims. The reason for these genocides was simply that his victims didn't have the same beliefs as him.
    For the record, which texts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i didnt say that i have more authority haha. i understand what your saying and anyone who says to me 'i feel sad for you bc of your religion you are going hell' i wouldnt hold it against them. I would respect their opinion

how does that have to do anything with the way i live. i dont go round like a loony pointed to everyone in the street shouting 'he's going to hell' 'she's going to hell'. it doesnt even cross my mind when i talk to a person who isnt a Muslim. i get along with many non muslims. its only when it comes down to thinking about heaven and hell and the afterlife that it crosses my mind. i know it sounds horrible when someone says what im saying, i understand hell is a strong word but doesn't many other religions believe the same?

1) Only Islam and Christianity believe that non Muslims/Christians go to hell.. Please do your research on religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Lol you haven't read what I posted after. No I personally wouldn't be able to.
    But you're trying to justify what those parents did which is just as bad. That is an indication that you wouldn't mind doing the same thing if you were able to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Opinions like this and others such as death for apostasy are truly frightening. It sounds very hard to leave if you ever wanted to and seems to be designed that way. Very sad.

(Original post by Gnomes&Knights)
    But you're trying to justify what those parents did which is just as bad. That is an indication that you wouldn't mind doing the same thing if you were able to do so.
    I know for a fact that my parents would disown me if I left Islam. If they did so I'd think it's justifiable yes I do, because they're my parents and they brought me up a certain way which I failed to follow. Although no I couldn't really think of doing that to my own kids. If you think I'm bad you can think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    I know for a fact that my parents would disown me if I left Islam. If they did so I'd think it's justifiable yes I do, because they're my parents and they brought me up a certain way which I failed to follow. Although no I couldn't really think of doing that to my own kids. If you think I'm bad you can think so.
    That's actually very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    If you find killing of certain people funny then you have nothing against it. Period. You can not support something while not opposing it either.
    Under what grounds? What gives you authority to state that? I repeat: I find your view hilarious but I don't agree with you. Try and get around that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    [/b]

1) Only Islam and Christianity believe that non Muslims go to hell.. Please do your research on religion.
    Christianity believes that non-Muslims go to hell?

(Original post by childofthesun)
    That's actually very sad.
    lol it's just Pakistani families and 'what other people will think.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    lol it's just Pakistani families and 'what other people will think.'
    I can't respect anyone who cares about their reputation more than their own flesh and blood.

Most parents would die for their children.

lets deal with these in a balanced manner

(Original post by BrokenLife)
    Quran 2:6-7: this verse speaks of such disbelievers who have become so indifferent to truth that it is of no importance whether they receive a warning or not and that as long as they do not change their present conditions, they will not believe. The 'great punishment' does not mean that they should be forced to believe in Islam neither does it states that they should be killed. Hence, this shows that they will have no worldly punishment. Punishment life after death? Maybe.
    you have constructed a straw man here my dear friend because i said nothing in my original post about a worldly punishment,my point was based solely on hellfire and this verse clearly makes reference to that.even a moslem wouldnt be so reckless as to assert that allah punishes disbelievers on earth because it is extremely easy to disprove such a claim.moreover,this is a very strong argument for why the concept of hell was concocted,to satiate mans need for revenge in light of the observation that divine justice does not happen in reality.

Quran 2:89- again the 'curse' is open to interpretation and does not in any way encourages Muslims to kill or force people to believe in islam. This proves my point that certain verses of Quran cannot be taken literally.
    my friend,why are you bringing up arguments i never made ? my point was that allah curses unbelievers and the verse i provided supports this.

Quran 2:104- Again 'And for disbelievers there is painful punishment' does not from anywhere refers to Muslims to kill people for apostasy neither does it declares any worldly punishment. As for the punishment, it the one by God and you will find that in every religion. However, there are Quranic verses which states that there is no compulsion in religion. I can state those too.
    again my friend i have made no mention of worldly punishment.perhaps it would do you well to reread my original post so that you can make a relevant and balanced reply to the point raised.

Quran 2:39 Again, this cannot be taken literal. Islam does not believe eternal punishment. This refers to punishment as a sort of spiritual treatment and cure for some time ..more like a period of purification.
    the verse itself,as well as others very clearly states that it is eternal for the disbelievers,or are you denying the presence of the word 'forever' in the verse ? and this doesnt change the fact that allah punishes disbeliever in hell which is what i asserted.

best

(Original post by Yawn!)
    Why should we have to leave over your medieval views? That's like me going to Saudi Arabia, telling all the Muslims there that they're going to hell for not being a Sikh. And then telling them to leave Saudi Arabia if they don't like it, lol.

I'd like to not associate with you, so if you could stop talking to me now, that would be wonderful. Not that it matters - Welcome to the ignore list.
    You're very rude . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    My bad, it's in the Hadith (direct quotes from the prophet) which forms a part of Sharia Law and thus a part of Islam so my point still stands "If somebody changes his religion, kill him".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our Prophet has forbidden us from killing innocent people even if they are non believers. I don't know where you got that but sometimes people (Muslims included) misunderstand the Hadith as well as the Quran. There is indeed a verse in the Quran which allows fighting "back" but that is only in times of war if the non believers attack Muslims. We are not allowed to provoke them to do so either. Our Prophet has never suggested anything that goes against the Quran and even if you find a Hadith that mentions something against whatever I just said, assume it to be a false Hadith or a misunderstood one.
    Also, if the Prophet really did tell us to kill non believers where ever we found them, wouldn't 1.6 billion Muslims around the world already be doing it? Do you really think that the only devout Muslims that have ever lived the planet are a bunch of terrorists? There are 1000s of scholars who have studied the Hadith and memorised the Quran by heart, do you see them randomly killing non believers? There are uncountable numbers of Muslims that are living the ideal Muslim life as per our Prophet's true sayings. Yet, they aren't killing. Ever wondered why? Because they haven't misinterpreted the Hadith or the Quran for that matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    Under what grounds? What gives you authority to state that? I repeat: I find your view hilarious but I don't agree with you. Try and get around that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like I said: even if you don't agree with something that does not mean that you disagree with it. If your reaction to certain people being killed is laughter as opposed to revulsion, you are either apathetic or you view it positively.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.