Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims, if your child left Islam, what would you do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    tell me
    Nah, I'd rather not waste my time with someone who thinks non-muslims are going to hell.

Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Nah, I'd rather not waste my time with someone who thinks non-muslims are going to hell.

Disgusting.
    its part of my religion and what i believe in, you want me to say theyre going to heaven? its going agaisnt my religion lol

other religions also follow the fact that people away from their faith are going to hell so please calm down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Funnily enough the guy in your pic probably thinks you're going to hell.....but he'll happily take your money at the box office in the meantime. You know what they say - 'A fool and his money are soon parted'. :lol:
    Do you really hate Muslims that much? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why they would. If I raised them in a way that exposed them to the true Islam and the beauty behind it, whilst also letting them make justifiable and rational decisions, and later on during their life they decided it weren't for them, I would honestly let them be. As long as they're not dumb f*cks with infinitely low IQs, and have rational and moral reasons, it's all good. The bottom line is, providing I raise them in the way I hope to, and they decide to turn away, I would never go as far as disowning them.

Basically, it depends on what type of upbringing a child has. Some morons out there force their children and bring them up with nothing but fear, and when the child turns away, they're immediately disowned. That's just plain stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    its part of my religion and what i believe in, you want me to say theyre going to heaven? its going agaisnt my religion lol

other religions also follow the fact that people away from their faith are going to hell so please calm down
    You put unprovable abstracts ahead of real people? Ok then.
    Also, your Hindu relatives probably think the same about you as you do of them. What gives your views more authority?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Well speaking frankly now, if that is your belief then you're entitled to it. Luckily for you, Muslims happen to live in many countries that allow freedom of religion/speech.

But the idea that you guys fundamentally believe that everyone non- Muslim is going to hell raises a lot of questions over whether you can, or should be living in nations where there is a significant number of non-Muslims.

Personally while I would respect your religious beliefs, I would not want to be around you or people like you who think such things of me and the people I care about.

And again, quite frankly, Non-Muslims have the right to live in places without having to interact with people that think such thoughts of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    I'm a Hindu and my dad is an athiest, he left the religion despite both of my grandparents being religious. Nobody disowned him, why is this such an issue in Islam? (No disrespect but disowning your child isn't going to resolve the situation. You raised that child fgs how are you gonna treat them like a piece of **** after?)
    From what I know, it's because Hindus believe they don't necessarily have to be part of a religion to achieve Moksha? It's the same with Judaism, you don't have to be a Jew to go to heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Do you really hate Muslims that much? :erm:
    Really? How pathetic.

No, I do not hate Muslims, and I have never made a single post where I have attacked Muslims or Islam (I may have attacked Pakistan from time to time - but mainly as a nation-state that has not been too kind to it's neighbours, but NOT because of religion).

But I've seen and heard things in the past that I've ignored, believing they were merely the ramblings of people on the fringe, yet here I have seen comments from people I previously considered rational and even 'of a kind', that disgust me, insult me and make me feel certain groups I've never really taken seriously may actually have been right all along.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your beliefs, you absolutely are. I'm just starting to see that maybe due to those beliefs, the possibility of genuine peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Non-Muslims is problematic at best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    You put unprovable abstracts ahead of real people? Ok then.
    Also, your Hindu relatives probably think the same about you as you do of them. What gives your views more authority?
    i didnt say that i have more authority haha. i understand what your saying and anyone who says to me 'i feel sad for you bc of your religion you are going hell' i wouldnt hold it against them. I would respect their opinion

(Original post by Yawn!)
    Well speaking frankly now, if that is your belief then you're entitled to it. Luckily for you, Muslims happen to live in many countries that allow freedom of religion/speech.

But the idea that you guys fundamentally believe that everyone non- Muslim is going to hell raises a lot of questions over whether you can, or should be living in nations where there is a significant number of non-Muslims.

Personally while I would respect your religious beliefs, I would not want to be around you or people like you who think such things of me and the people I care about.

And again, quite frankly, Non-Muslims have the right to live in places without having to interact with people that think such thoughts of them.
    how does that have to do anything with the way i live. i dont go round like a loony pointed to everyone in the street shouting 'he's going to hell' 'she's going to hell'. it doesnt even cross my mind when i talk to a person who isnt a Muslim. i get along with many non muslims. its only when it comes down to thinking about heaven and hell and the afterlife that it crosses my mind. i know it sounds horrible when someone says what im saying, i understand hell is a strong word but doesn't many other religions believe the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i didnt say that i have more authority haha. i understand what your saying and anyone who says to me 'i feel sad for you bc of your religion you are going hell' i wouldnt hold it against them. I would respect their opinion
    Well obviously you do when you think they're going to hell and you're not...
    Personally I wouldn't respect the view that I'm evil and deserve to burn in hellfire for all eternity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

how does that have to do anything with the way i live. i dont go round like a loony pointed to everyone in the street shouting 'he's going to hell' 'she's going to hell'. it doesnt even cross my mind when i talk to a person who isnt a Muslim. i get along with many non muslims. its only when it comes down to thinking about heaven and hell and the afterlife that it crosses my mind. i know it sounds horrible when someone says what im saying, i understand hell is a strong word but doesn't many other religions believe the same?
    No. They don't.

(Original post by mkap)
    i know it sounds horrible when someone says what im saying, i understand hell is a strong word but doesn't many other religions believe the same?
    two wrongd don't make a right.what a sad and horrible attitude to have towards fellow human beings just for not believing the same thing as you. how very sad,very sad,this ladies and gentlemen is how religion poisons the mind and makes you lose compassion for others as well as mucking up the moral compass

ReputationRep:
    Mate, kindly let me know where does Quran say it? Please stop misguiding people. I know what you are talking about here however I am sure you dont even know where is it written (as most probably you heard it from your fellows).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    Really? How pathetic.

No, I do not hate Muslims, and I have never made a single post where I have attacked Muslims or Islam (I may have attacked Pakistan from time to time - but mainly as a nation-state that has not been too kind to it's neighbours, but NOT because of religion).

But I've seen and heard things in the past that I've ignored, believing they were merely the ramblings of people on the fringe, yet here I have seen comments from people I previously considered rational and even 'of a kind', that disgust me, insult me and make me feel certain groups I've never really taken seriously may actually have been right all along.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to your beliefs, you absolutely are. I'm just starting to see that maybe due to those beliefs, the possibility of genuine peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Non-Muslims is problematic at best.
    I mean you were just judging SRK because of his religion, it seemed a bit unreasonable.

I understand where you're coming from, hearing that "you're not Muslim so you'll go to hell" can sound a aggressive in your view. But I don't think Islam is the only religion with that view, and of course the average Muslim doesn't walk around thinking "you're going to hell, and so are you, and you."

Yeah there are some people with dodgy views, but I don't believe they're in the majority, at least it doesn't feel like that to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    two wrongd don't make a right.what a sad and horrible attitude to have towards fellow human beings just for not believing the same thing as you. how very sad,very sad,this ladies and gentlemen is how religion poisons the mind and makes you lose compassion for others as well as mucking up the moral compass
    hello anon. why did you feel the need to say this on anon . im only saying this because islam is getting attacked here and is getting shamed when people are ignoring the fact that other religions believe in this yet are just criticising islam .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn!)
    No. They don't.
    really which religions dont say this apart from atheism? its nice to know that that was the only thing you could respond too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    From what I know, it's because Hindus believe they don't necessarily have to be part of a religion to achieve Moksha? It's the same with Judaism, you don't have to be a Jew to go to heaven.
    See, I wasn't made aware of the Liberty in Hinduism. My grandad focuses heavily on the "worshiping" element of the religion and in all honesty, it just was not my thing. I prayed when I needed something good to happen to me, other than that I didn't bother.

I don't think I'm a bad Hindu. I still fulfill the traditions, I still visit temples when I can and I'm generally a good individual but like you said, one can still achieve Moksha in other forms.

I felt as though my prayers were never answered so I basically lost faith.

ReputationRep:
    No one can decide who will go to heaven or hell except God. In order to go to heaven you dont need to be a Muslim and Quran does not say it. Christians/Jews and other religions are also from God and people who follow these religion will go to Heaven.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    Guys please ignore mkap she lives in Saudi Arabia and supports there Wahhabi views which include killing anyone who is not there sector of Islam, so that includes killing other muslims and of course christians, jews, etc you cannot negotiate with a savage
    hey bully, get your facts right, i moved here not just because it is KSA but because my dad got a job here. its not full time. since when do i condone killing anyone who doesnt believe in what i believe in, even muslims?! just because i live in saudi? well all the muslims and non muslims living in saudi too must beleive that too.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    basically the whole of KSA are savages accoring to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    really which religions dont say this apart from atheism? its nice to know that that was the only thing you could respond too
    Copy and pasted from another source. But it pretty much answers your question.

Q: How do Sikhs look at people from other religions?

A: Sikhs believe that Sikhism is the simplest and most straightforward way of realizing the present of God, to be One with Him and attain salvation. However, anyone who truly believes in One God and worships One Almighty God is on the right track.

Sikhs believe that all those that believe in One God, irrespective of their faith are devotees of God, whether he is a Sikh, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or a Muslim. Where does the name Hindu, Sikh, Muslim and Christian come from? It comes from the source that inspired you. If you happen to be in this part of the world and you were lucky enough to meet Jesus, then you became Christian but you are still a devotee to God. Sikhs happen to be in a part of the world where they happen to become familiar with Guru Nanak Dev Ji's principals. Sikhs call these sources of inspiration and they believe that there is no need for anyone to try to convert people to replace their sources of inspiration. It is completely wrong to knock on people's door to tell them that their belief is no good and ask them to follow their source of inspiration. However, if a person is completely out of track and is worshiping deities or other humans instead of God, then it is our duty to enlighten him or her to show them to path towards God.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji instructed to focus on meditation of God instead of glorifying a religion. Bhai Gurdas narrates one instance when Hindus and Muslims asked Guru Nanak about who was greater among them. "Priest from both Hinduism and Islam got together and began discussing religion. A great fantasy has been created and no one could understand its mystery. They asked Guru Nanak to open and search in his scripture whether Hindu is greater or the Muslim. Guru replied that without good deeds both will have to weep and wail. Only by being a Hindu or a Muslim one cannot get accepted in the kingdom of God. As the color of safflower is impermanent and is washed away in water, likewise the colors of religiosity are also temporary" (The Vaars of Bhai Gurdas Ji, 1). Guru Nanak Dev Ji stated that religion is just a medium to reach God.

Some religions proclaim that salvation can only be attained by joining their religion. Sikhism states that "All beings and creatures are His; He belongs to all" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 425). Furthermore, As the color of safflower is impermanent and is washed away in water, likewise the colors of religiosity are also temporary. There are no religions beyond this world. Sikhism states that just because you belong to a religion does not mean anything. God is not limited to just one religion. Belonging to one religion will not help you attain salvation, you have to purify yourself by becoming a true moral person, help others, meditate on God, and love Him to be One with Him.

Sikhism is pure love towards God and nothing else. The main purpose of Sikhs life is to become spiritual and realize the Creator of the Universe. Sikhism does this very beautifully by instructing Sikhs to lead a simple, truthful and honest life while meditating on God. If one seeks to meet God and attain eternal peace, he should read the Holy Scripture of Sikhs, Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The scripture does not preach Sikhism or tells people to convert to Sikhism but gives an amazing, mind opening and enlightening information about God and His creations. In addition, Guru Granth Sahib Ji shows everyone a straight path to attain salvation regardless of their background or religion.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.