Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Woodhouse vs St Michael's Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to Woodhouse or St Michaels?
    Recently had my interviews for both of them . St Michaels was okay...I guess(tbh the woman seems very bored and bland)
    Woodhouse, on the other hand, was amazing. The teacher was very nice and made it more like a conversation than an interview
    I'm conflicted. Initially, St Michaels,being very high in the league table was a no brainier,but I'm rethinking
    Pls help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wordsaredeadly)
    Anyone go to Woodhouse or St Michaels?
    Recently had my interviews for both of them . St Michaels was okay...I guess(tbh the woman seems very bored and bland)
    Woodhouse, on the other hand, was amazing. The teacher was very nice and made it more like a conversation than an interview
    I'm conflicted. Initially, St Michaels,being very high in the league table was a no brainier,but I'm rethinking
    Pls help
    This is St Michael's Catholic Grammar School in Finchley you're talking about, yes?

I did my A levels there and it's a very good school. I know quite a few people who went to Woodhouse and a lot of them did quite badly because the teachers aren't that fussed, they take more of a "do it yourself" approach. This may sound great initially but may not be the best option if you know you'd fall back and become lazy without teachers beings on top of you and your work all the time. And as you say, St Michael's is very high in the tables and is generally an excellent school, I have no regrets about doing A levels there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...that one
    I guess the interviewer was just doing her job...cause one of my friends said the same thing. I'm trying not to think about it too much

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...that one
    I guess the interviewer was just doing her job...cause one of my friends said the same thing. I'm trying not to think about it too much
    oh I have my interview at st. michael's soon too. Do you remember what they asked at your interview?
    Also, should I bring any certificates with me at the interview?

ReputationRep:
    They just ask you about the bullet points in your personal statement. Then they ask about how you feel about their policies(uniform,not leaving school etc). At the end the interviewer will ask
    ' if someone broke the glass in the common room and the teacher walked in and they wouldn't admit it,what would you do?'

ReputationRep:
    They just ask you about the bullet points in your personal statement. Then they ask about how you feel about their policies(uniform,not leaving school etc). At the end the interviewer will ask
    ' if someone broke the glass in the common room and the teacher walked in and they wouldn't admit it,what would you do?'
    Wow, they still ask that broken glass question, I would have thought they'd changed that by now :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.