The Student Room Group

Physics a level?!!!

I love Physics, the context and the information. Im also finding GCSE quite easy, not too easy :P, but I have been told NOT to take it for A Level as its REALLY hard? Is this true o.O I dont know now :frown: please help.
Sciences and maths at A level are 100 times harder than GCSE. However, if you put the work in, you can easily do well in it. It is a massive step up at first, but after the first month you get used to it :smile:
LOL since you love Physics pick it. I agree its hard but you love it so you will study harder for it and you will get good grades :smile:
Reply 3
Compared to Chem, Bio is it harder?
Original post by Adzkii786

In my opinion, chemistry is the hardest while physics is the easiest. This is also what other people have told me that do all three at a level too.
Reply 5
Original post by Kamran Fazal
LOL since you love Physics pick it. I agree its hard but you love it so you will study harder for it and you will get good grades :smile:

I only take physics but from what ive heard chemistry is harder and biology is much easier, but don't let difficulty put you off, its a very interesting and respected subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, definitely. In my opinion chemistry is the biggest step up out of all a level subjects (excluding maths).

TBH it depends on you. If you are good at memorizing then you will find chem bio much easier but if you are like sort of a person who is good at thinking logically and can grasp concepts easily then physics is the choice for you. I would still say pick the subject you love as you will enjoy learning it.
Reply 9
It's my most difficult subject easily but as you go through the year things begin to click and it becomes a lot easier. The things I thought I struggled with at AS gradually became so much more understandable when I learnt how to link things/be synoptic/exam techniques etc.. and that's how I feel about A2 too!
I honestly didn't have the *greatest* interest in physics at GCSE (I did still enjoy it though) but I feel my interest in physics has increased so much from AS.

I would recommend studying Maths with it too though, it supports physics really well I found.
From a mad scientists perspective I would say it just takes hard work, none of the subjects are "hard" they will be if YOU don't put the effort in other than its alright :smile: take physics its great just a few parts where it seems confusing but you can get through it trust me :smile:
I actually found chem the easiest out of all sciences
I take all 3 sciences and maths and I personally think that based on content biology is the easiest, then chemistry , then physics.
However I personally find chem easier then the other 2. If you like it at gcse, youll have motivation to do good, but no matter which science you pick , its really difficult when in comparison with gcse science.

Quick Reply

Latest