Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have just received my password for the A2B website but I would like to know how maximize marks on the test, i.e how would I know what would come up?

ReputationRep:
    I've just done the test.
    It is literally all common sense - I had a little look at the skills for uni site but tbh it seemed a waste of my time when the questions are just so basic.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    The A2B module is a great tool to prepare you for university assingments and can really make you realise your capability of how to formulate Univesity style essays. Having done the A2B module myself and passed it. I found it very stimulating, challenging and yet very rewarding
    I believe it's out of 40 when I did it ( Don't quote me on that though ! It may have changed this year Check UOBwebsite ) and you get the results well I got mine last year sometime in July. Your A2B tutor assists you immensely and guides you on how to formulate your essays at a university standard. One of my most memorable experiences. I remember becoming rather apprehensive at the prospect of doing an assignment and being assessed on your capability academically having never done one before ! However, through drafting and redrafting my essays I became more and more confident. The proof is in pudding I passed! I believe that what you put in you get out according to how much input you put in. One vital tip to mention though is make sure you execute your bibliography as most of points will be gained on the bibliography as the A2B tutors want to see how well you are at referencing.
    Well that was a bit of a ramble but I hope it helped !
    Regards
    Mareena

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mareena1234)
    Hi,
    The A2B module is a great tool to prepare you for university assingments and can really make you realise your capability of how to formulate Univesity style essays. Having done the A2B module myself and passed it. I found it very stimulating, challenging and yet very rewarding
    I believe it's out of 40 when I did it ( Don't quote me on that though ! It may have changed this year Check UOBwebsite ) and you get the results well I got mine last year sometime in July. Your A2B tutor assists you immensely and guides you on how to formulate your essays at a university standard. One of my most memorable experiences. I remember becoming rather apprehensive at the prospect of doing an assignment and being assessed on your capability academically having never done one before ! However, through drafting and redrafting my essays I became more and more confident. The proof is in pudding I passed! I believe that what you put in you get out according to how much input you put in. One vital tip to mention though is make sure you execute your bibliography as most of points will be gained on the bibliography as the A2B tutors want to see how well you are at referencing.
    Well that was a bit of a ramble but I hope it helped !
    Regards
    Mareena
    Thank you very much. It wasnt a ramble it helped me understand that the essays are abit like the Extended Project you can do at college. (?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceM1)
    I've just done the test.
    It is literally all common sense - I had a little look at the skills for uni site but tbh it seemed a waste of my time when the questions are just so basic.
    Thanks the skills4uni are quite long but I still want to cover them.

Could maybe tell me what youve applied for and is it easy enough to 30/40 so that you can get the scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, You are more than welcome I wish someone clarified this for me when I was a prospective A2B applicant. However, it is great to impart my knowledge of experience onto any future prospective students hoping to come to the University of Birmingham. Yes! its is very much like an EPQ or pre-U assignment.

I wish you the very best with your results for the A2B module and your A level grades
    Let me know the outcome!

p.s What subject are you hoping to study?

Good luck!

Mareena

ReputationRep:
    Awsering previous Question- I've got to say the A2b skills for Uni test seems rather interminable and repetitious however the advantage is that you have three tries ( which hopefully you wou't need to take all three) and it's sort of conventional as it incorporates ample amounts of general knowldge. As long as you put your mind to it i'm sure you will obtain more than 30 out of 40, I found it fairly easy and obtained 37/40.

Sure, I am studying BA Sociology at the University of Birmingham.

Regards
    Mareena

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mareena1234)
    Awsering previous Question- I've got to say the A2b skills for Uni test seems rather interminable and repetitious however the advantage is that you have three tries ( which hopefully you wou't need to take all three) and it's sort of conventional as it incorporates ample amounts of general knowldge. As long as you put your mind to it i'm sure you will obtain more than 30 out of 40, I found it fairly easy and obtained 37/40.

Sure, I am studying BA Sociology at the University of Birmingham.

Regards
    Mareena
    great.

Im hoping to study Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get 30+ to pass.
    You have three attempts.
    I did the test, it was pretty ok, you'll be fine.

I was worried about passing the online module and emailed the co ordinator. She reassured me that it's okay if you don't get 30+ on the online test. Passing the assignment in the summer is more important.

She stressed that those who try to get 30+ and a good score on the assignment, are those who try to qualify for the scholarship.

Don't be disheartened if you don't get over 30 but I'm sure you will. Also, take as long as you want on the test lol. Don't be like me and try to rush it

ReputationRep:
    Hey can you help me as you have completed the a2b.
    I am going to do the online test soon and was just wondering if you can post some of the questions on here . Thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.