Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    After completing 2 years of sixth form and going to Huddersfield Uni to do drama, I had a change of heart over last summer and decided to take up A Level psychology and complete the 2 years in 1.

So, in October I visited Chester uni and fell in love with the place and I got the university vibes and loved the sound of the course! All the lecturers seemed amazing and I just wanted to start there and then! I went to Northumbria uni the week after and also loved that and the course has a more varied choice, but it's more exam based 1st year, and decreases to minority exam majority coursework in 3rd year, however Chester seems pretty equal! but I didn't get the same feeling with Northumbria, but I've always loved Newcastle as a city!

Here's the dilemma, I have been offered an unconditional for psychology at both Northumbria uni and Chester! My issue is that Chester is only small, will it get boring after 3 years? Will the night life get boring after 3 years as there are only 2 night clubs? What's it going to be like living there rather than just visiting?

And Northumbria, is Newcastle too big? Will I find myself lost within big crowds? Will the tutors have as much time for me as Northumbria is a huuuuuge uni?! Will it be a better place to live?

Also, as I only get a smaller student loan, I'm so limited for both uni's which halls I can stay in😩! Looking at John Milton and hollybank for Chester! So wondered if anyone could suggest any good accommodation??

I'm attending applicant days again for them both, however, I can not physically decide between either of them! I just wanted some opinions to try help as I don't really know many people who go to Chester uni! X
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi, there is a thread with Psychology students discussing the course, which you might find helpful:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=60677313

There is also a more general thread about life in Chester:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3838055

Hope this helps!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.