RubyLi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to do something on culture. Either specifically my own (South Asian) or look at a variety of ethnicities. I want to specifically do quantitative research so a preferably a questionnaire. Any ideas?
Alien41
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, that sounds like a great starting point. I'm doing a research project and have used a questionnaire. If you fill it out, you could see what an online questionnaire could potentially work like and any flaws in mine you could take on board and use in yours and also you'd really be helping me out . Here's the link https://bathreg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/...up-2-2016-copy
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RubyLi)
I want to do something on culture. Either specifically my own (South Asian) or look at a variety of ethnicities. I want to specifically do quantitative research so a preferably a questionnaire. Any ideas?
what degree are you doing? Sociology or psychology, or something else??
RubyLi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by john2054)
what degree are you doing? Sociology or psychology, or something else??

Psychology
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Suicide in relation to culture?

Could be views or prevalence. Got some scope there.
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Psychology
Have you tried sourcing Durkheim? I think that he did some early research on suicide? and anomie.
adamned
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cultural differences in physical attraction are quite interesting. Viren Swami and colleagues have done several studies in this area, such as this one: http://jcc.sagepub.com/content/early...83319.abstract

As mentioned by Noodlzzz, suicide also has some interesting cross-cultural aspects, particularly since suicide rates are a lot higher in South Korea and Japan compared to Europe/US. However, given the sensitive nature of the topic, it might be more challenging for you to get ethical clearance from your department, but it's probably worth it since it's a very worthwhile topic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads