The Student Room Group

Who fears death and how to pro long it

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why would it necessarily induce madness?

One of two reasons: The first being simply a natural mental madness at having been alive so long (complicated to explain). The second being senile dementia. Eventually humans just mentally become tired of being alive.

Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Some might go mad indefinitely. Some might be mad for a couple of centuries than cool down. Some might never get bored with the endless possibilities that comes with living.

Mad for a couple of centuries? Sounds like extended mental torture to me.

The real question is, what category do you think you fit in.

Neither. I am someone who doesn't want to live forever. It sounds grotesque to be honest.
Original post by frankieboy

1.Mad for a couple of centuries? Sounds like extended mental torture to me.

2.Neither. I am someone who doesn't want to live forever. It sounds grotesque to be honest.

1. Maybe. But once it's over you might look back and think it was pretty interesting.
2. What if you were give no choice.
Original post by frankieboy
One of two reasons: The first being simply a natural mental madness at having been alive so long (complicated to explain). The second being senile dementia. Eventually humans just mentally become tired of being alive.

I'm not so sure, I reckon we as a race could get used to it, especially if it were introduced gradually. And remember that being biologically immortal doesn't mean you can't die. If someone got tired of life, say after 300 years, they could theoretically stop taking cell regeneration treatment and die naturally.
I want death to come quick for me and no pain
Nah.

Sort of looking forward to it. :wink:
Most people fear death but it is unavoidable, everyone will die one day

Posted from TSR Mobile

2. What if you were give no choice.

Well then I'd have no choice, so I'd cope the best I could I guess.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'm not so sure, I reckon we as a race could get used to it, especially if it were introduced gradually. And remember that being biologically immortal doesn't mean you can't die. If someone got tired of life, say after 300 years, they could theoretically stop taking cell regeneration treatment and die naturally.

Fair enough. How would we cope with the overpopulation problem though? We'd have to introduce pretty strict and harsh laws regarding contraception and limits to the amount of births. Soon, we'd have a predominantly ageing population. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just doubt it'd be as much fun as people think. The human race would definitely undergo major physical and psychological changes. I think it would change us in a lot of ways we hadn't thought of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending