Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've received an offer from York to do biochemistry, and am seriously considering taking it up, but I'd really like to know more about the experience as a LGBT person in York. Is the LGBTQ society quite active, is there a good night life, friendly atmosphere? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to know the same! Offer holder for TV and Film

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested in hearing more on this too, I've got an offer for History

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

The LGBTQ society in York is quite active, and they host quite a few socials every term. Nightlife however is pretty poor on the gay scene. There are no "gay bars", other than "Thomas'" which isn't stricly a gay bar.

ReputationRep:
    I also have an offer for Biochem and want to join the LGBTQ+soc! I heard that the nightlife in general is not amazing at York, which I personally am willing to put up with since I don't plan on going out multiple times a week. I believe it is quite easy to travel to other cities, so I plan to down to places like Leeds every so often to get my clubbing fix xD

ReputationRep:
    The wider nightlife isn't amazing, but if that is your sort of thing, LGBTQ Social do lots of trips to the other northern cities and such. I'm a gay convenor and find it a welcoming environment personally. if you have any questions, or would like to get the email of any other identity's convenors, I hope i can help?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.