ummamah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hi my names ummi and im confused as hell and i need advice
so basically, i have a friend who studies applied science btec as i do and he applied at DMU and Uni Of Leeds for Audiology (and uni of sheff for speach and language who gave him a conditional), he got a conditional offer at DMU but got rejected by leeds which is where he wanted to go. Now neither of us know the process of clearing so i was hoping if someone could answer my questions... im sorry in advance if theyre stupid questions but i need as much info as possible so here goes:

(how tf do u bullet point of this thing)
first of all what the fk is clearing i mean i know its a way to get into a course that has places left (right)
does he have to put DMU as his first choice and then the sheffield uni as his second even though he applied to that just to fill his options

can he get into leeds through clearing even though DMU have given him a conditional?

can he reject dmu and go through clearing at leeds (even though its ridiculously risky and i wouldnt even allow him to do so but its just a question)

what is adjustment :confused:

can he keep the offer from dmu but still on results day go through clearing to apply for a completely different course such as chemical engineering or human biology (just examples whatever)

if these questions are ridiculous i do apologise but i asked people at my college and friends but they had no clue either so i made an account on here to ask you guys i would really appreciate any help

thank you
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ummamah)
hi my names ummi and im confused as hell and i need advice
so basically, i have a friend who studies applied science btec as i do and he applied at DMU and Uni Of Leeds for Audiology (and uni of sheff for speach and language who gave him a conditional), he got a conditional offer at DMU but got rejected by leeds which is where he wanted to go. Now neither of us know the process of clearing so i was hoping if someone could answer my questions... im sorry in advance if theyre stupid questions but i need as much info as possible so here goes:

(how tf do u bullet point of this thing)
first of all what the fk is clearing i mean i know its a way to get into a course that has places left (right)
If you don't get the grades for your firm and insurance, Clearing is the place to go to find a course that will accept you.
does he have to put DMU as his first choice and then the sheffield uni as his second even though he applied to that just to fill his options
He should put whichever course he really wants to go to as his firm choice, and his insurance should be his second choice. If he doesn't have a second choice, he doesn't have to have an insurance.
can he get into leeds through clearing even though DMU have given him a conditional?
If Leeds have rejected him already, they won't take him through Clearing. If he got the grades for DMU he won't be in Clearing anyway.
can he reject dmu and go through clearing at leeds (even though its ridiculously risky and i wouldnt even allow him to do so but its just a question)
He can reject his firm offer on results day if he wants, but there is no point in doing so to get into Leeds, as they have rejected him already. Being sent into Clearing can be a lengthy process and many of the places at other universities who might have taken him will have gone by the time it's complete.
what is adjustment :confused:
It's a process which is open for five days from results day by which you can call up other universities and ask them if they will take you, but ONLY if you have exceeded the terms of your firm offer. You don't risk losing your firm place if they aren't interested in you. Before you ask, Leeds won't be interested if they have rejected you already.
can he keep the offer from dmu but still on results day go through clearing to apply for a completely different course such as chemical engineering or human biology (just examples whatever)
No. He can apply for a different course through Clearing but he is only eligible for it if he hasn't got into his firm or insurance.
if these questions are ridiculous i do apologise but i asked people at my college and friends but they had no clue either so i made an account on here to ask you guys i would really appreciate any help

thank you
See bold above.
ummamah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
See bold above.
Thank you so, so much. This has helped us so much thank you.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ummamah)
Thank you so, so much. This has helped us so much thank you.
You're very welcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (14)
21.54%
I'm not sure (2)
3.08%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
27.69%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.62%
I'm not a current university student (28)
43.08%

Watched Threads