Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you know if you're attractive or not? Watch

Announcements

When people stare at you a lot or tell you to your face that you're beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Post a selfie on TSR and take the average rating :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, you're not.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm just kidding. dont F*king report me.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you know if you're generally attractive or not? I'm not sure because I get pretty much no eye contact from girls during the day, while my friend sometimes does. I also get girls who clearly aren't interested in me, but i've also had a few really attractive girls (although rare) that come up to me on a night out. So do you tell?
    I don't think you can measure it by how much you get hit on... Girl at my old uni was fat as hell, ugly man face and was never without a boyfriend or some D. Friend of a friend is absolutely stunning and flawless and got to her 20s without ever having a boyfriend and ended up on Britain's next top model. I think there are many factors to attraction and a lot of the time people go for what's easier to pick up and maintain, or what seems familiar or safe for them.

ReputationRep:
    If you're very attractive you'd know. Below this everyone pretty much has to work for it and it's difficult to judge from reactions. If you are bold enough to post a photo you'd get a fair view on physical attractiveness. But remember personality is part of overall attractiveness.

ReputationRep:
    Attractiveness differs from one person to another. But I won't lie and say there isn't a universal standard of beauty. Usually you can "tell" if you are attractive if people tell you- (Best to take it from people you don't really know properly).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    If you hate them, maybe they hate you and call you ugly regardless of your looks.

If not, then you might be 'ok' - attractive to some but not universally attractive
    how do girls get to know that they are attractive or not?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamfurqan)
    how do girls get to know that they are attractive or not?
    I guess from attention they recieve during the day as well as at clubs, on facebook, instagram etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I guess from attention they recieve during the day as well as at clubs, on facebook, instagram etc.
    do you have twitter or fb?

ReputationRep:
    I think deep down everyone knows roughly how attractive they are, as long as you're not blind and have access to a mirror or camera.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamfurqan)
    do you have twitter or fb?
    I have facebook but it's not something I use often.

ReputationRep:
    You get attention, but some days I feel fine as hell and other days I feel like a potato. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    You get attention, but some days I feel fine as hell and other days I feel like a potato. :getmecoat:
    can u not m8, i bet u look fine as hell every single day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batoot)
    aw thanks trust me i dont, especially after rough sleepless nights, higher chance of me looking homeless than fine :/

ReputationRep:
    Well i can assure you not being attractive is easy to tell

*Looks at mirror cries :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batoot)
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    aw thanks trust me i dont, especially after rough sleepless nights, higher chance of me looking homeless than fine :/
    She's still as beautiful as the first day I met her. We've been happily married for a few hours now.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people aren't particularly attractive or not attractive, most are just average but due to trying to make ugly people feel better, saying someone is 5/10 has now become insulting when it should really be the norm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    She's still as beautiful as the first day I met her. We've been happily married for a few hours now.
    Aw stop it you. Best few hours of my day

You flatter me babe :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    1. You just know, if you have eyes

2. It doesn't matter, either way, if some girls are attracted

3. Male attractiveness can be a lot more subjective than the reverse proposition anyway

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.