Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Childbirth AMA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ask any questions about pregnancy and childbirth (warning might be gross)

Is it really that painful?
    Which is better? A C-Section or Natural birth?
    What does it feel like on your internal organs when they are being squashed in one area of your body because of the baby?

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's different for every woman, I had a prolonged labour meaning my contractions only got stronger very slowly so I didn't notice , I had contractions for 3 days I was more sleep deprived than in agony, it is bad when you push the baby out though . I had no pain relief by the way

and I'm not sure I had a natural birth but my friend had a c-section she couldn't lift her baby had to stay in hospital for a week, after my birth I got up and showered straight away I felt sore but no worse than late pregnancy pains. You cant breathe that great, towards the end your digestion slows down, walking is painful , the baby pokes out of the side of your belly a leg or arm and you have to poke it back in that feels really strange.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Were you able to tell if it was a boy or girl before getting a scan to check (or however they do it) or did you decide to leave it as a surprise?

ReputationRep:
    Worst side affect of pregnancy? Weirdest craving?

ReputationRep:
    We found out I was having a girl at 20 weeks, we thought we were having a boy but I was happy whatever as long as they were healthy . Worst pregnancy side affect I had spd, where I had pelvic girdle pain I couldnt walk up and down stairs I had shuffle my bum up or crawl. Yes I had weird cravings your sense of smell and taste gets 1000x better, I loved eating pineapple some days I was eating 1-2 large fruits per day the midwife thought I had gestional diabetes due to my blood sugar from eating too much pineapple , I don't have a sweet tooth normally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    Strong avatar to post content.

You seem like you're going to be an excellent parent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickidc18)
    My question is what did you feel the first time you held your baby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations I've got a baby too, a little boy. Sorry to hear you had pelvic girdle pain, I know a few people who have had it and it sounds horrendous.

Did you have a home birth or hospital birth?
    How did you find the experience?
    Did you get/need much breastfeeding support?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.