The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Ive made a mistake, how can I change my university choice after accepting?

So.. I went to an open day at Salford and I really loved it. I want to study Wildlife and Practical Conservation. I liked the professors, the modules and the area was alright. I really had my heart set on it and didn't like other universities I'd seen so I stupidly decided to only apply to Salford. Within less than a week I had been offered an unconditional place and accepted it. Once I attended the Applicant Day, everything changed. We all were told to meet in the pub where we would be picked up which became packed (I don't know what happens in other places but has anyone been told to meet in the PUB before?) Then we were dragged round a construction site bring told what WILL be build in future. When we finally had the opportunity to be told anything about the uni, the only thing they could talk about was all the millions they will be investing. Then we were offered toys, the woman came in and said 'who likes zebras and who likes frogs?' I felt like a child, then we played with plastic frogs (used to get them out of crackers, press their back down and they jump) and that was it. I really would like to know who I could change my choice or if there is anything that can be said in the universities favour. I loved it and I'm so disappointed in it now. Can anyone help me please?☺
Hi :smile:. Let me put your mind at ease, I'm not sure why you were shown this kind of experience on an applicant day but that sure isn't how Salford operates! I've been at the university for 7 years now, through my undergraduate degree and through my postgraduate degree an have only ever found it the best choice (and I looked at a lot of other universities). I can only imagine the person was trying to conceptualise an idea and the quality of this conceptualisation is not a reflection on the teaching standards at the university, it most probably was for simplicity. The university has been a bit of a building site for the last couple of months, granted, but that should only tell you the kind of investment they are making for September. You have a totally regenerated campus waiting for you in September, walking through today, it looks genuinely beautiful. This kind of investment is mirrored by the student support you get once you're here. Staff and current students alike make it one of the best university experiences you could ever hope for. The quality of teaching across the board (and I've sat on student rep and student satisfaction panels) is through the roof. All other facilities you'd expect to find are 1St class.. online facilities, library, student union, food outlets and bars really are second to none. Again I'm sorry you had a negative view on that one day you were here, but please don't let that marr your whole experience. You're going to love it! :smile:. Any other Salford student would tell you the exact same thing.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest