Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it definately said connection and i put broadband!

the protocol i put TCP/IP

All my entity relationships were 1 to many

An alternative test (bottom of 1st page) i put Beta testing

For the socket i put IP address plus the port numbers

The paper was pretty much common sense and way easier tahn i expected, altho the last SQL 1 was difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i put that aswell.
    I put that if you took a photo of someone this could be matched against their passport photograph and thus eliminating subjectivity with staff manuallt identifying people from their pictures. A computer can do this much easier with positioning of the nose, eyes and other features.

ReputationRep:
    i only had one many to many

the rest were one to many i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    I put that if you took a photo of someone this could be matched against their passport photograph and thus eliminating subjectivity with staff manuallt identifying people from their pictures. A computer can do this much easier with positioning of the nose, eyes and other features.
    pretty much the same idea as mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friday13th)
    i only had one many to many

the rest were one to many i think
    what was your many to many one?

ReputationRep:
    It definitely said "connection" because I remember imagining a copper connection that I have at home. I put ethernet, but that was a complete guess.

ReputationRep:
    I read over the internet connection question, and I'm pretty sure it said connection. If this turns out correct, then these answers would be acceptable.

As it said "copper link", you could have had,

DSL (the actual answer I put was "DSL (not the slow ADSL UK residents have)")
    T1
    T3

and a few others...

Broadband wouldnt count, thats a method of data transfer, and even with its generic "high speed" meaning, it isn't true.

But hey, I could have read the question wrong :P

ReputationRep:
    i put alpha testing as another way of testing

ReputationRep:
    I think they were looking for thinks like "Black Box" and others...

Although beta might be accepted. You'd be lucky though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa005)
    i put alpha testing as another way of testing
    i put beta testing. how is it lucky - its a method of testing after development which the question stated. black box is development testing, not system testing.

ReputationRep:
    argh me and my friend put alpha, come on it asked for ONE ANOTHER test, alpha shud be ok maybe? * hopes n prays *

ReputationRep:
    i put black box i only need 2 Cs !!! so hope i get them

ReputationRep:
    you asses,

alpha IS acceptance testing, look in heathcoate

it also asked what method of testing could be used on the FULLY DEVELOPED SYSTEM

or something like that

- integration testing is what i put

ReputationRep:
    you asses,

it also asked what method of testing could be used on the FULLY DEVELOPED SYSTEM

or something like that

i love you.

ReputationRep:
    you asses,

or something like that

heathcote is crap anyway.

alpha and beta are both system testing to be carried out on a developed system as the question stated. so both are correct.

acceptance testing is when you give it to the end use to check it matches their requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Ya, Alpha and Beta testing are both valid forms of testing, but in previous exams, those answers have been rejected. However, alpha and beta are usually generic names given to internal and external testing environments, so they might get a bit fussy.

and system/development testing would be pretty much the same thing... they both refer to testing methods during the design stages of software's life, so I don't think it really matters.

ReputationRep:
    For the question on connections, they were definately looking for either broadband or baseband. The question specifically said the company was provided with copper cable by a telephone company, implying a twisted pair cable. As for the protocol used, that was definately FTP, the question highlighted the file needed to be moved into a folder. Unit 4 was a *****. That last question was fuked. Floating point and the assembly were fuked too.

Prospects of decent grades are getting ever more distant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArseFace)
    For the question on connections, they were definately looking for either broadband or baseband. The question specifically said the company was provided with copper cable by a telephone company, implying a twisted pair cable.
    I disagree. broadband or baseband are modes of transfer... just because a connection uses baseband doesn't mean that it's going to be slower than broadband. Broadband uses multiple channels, so it can hold multiple data streams, but a single data stream can still acheive speeds the same as, if not higher than a broadband connection.

broadband = data transfer mode
    Broadband = dodgy name given to high speed internet

ReputationRep:
    well in that case it looked like i fuked that one up. Its worth considering though that LANS are baseband connection. Ok for CPT4, that last question....the last box was true, but the rest were blank right?? Oh and did anyone get the assembly language question? I didnt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArseFace)
    well in that case it looked like i fuked that one up. Its worth considering though that LANS are baseband connection. Ok for CPT4, that last question....the last box was true, but the rest were blank right?? Oh and did anyone get the assembly language question? I didnt.
    yes there were 3 rows..last row was TRUE the rest were blank for the printed output i hope.....i put binary search for wat it does...hmm it was 2 marks duno y..i think i got the assembly language sorta

LOAD AC34 (watever it was ) which is direct addressing
    LOAD #67 Load immediate #67
    OR AC34, #67 perform or operation on ac34 and #67
    Store in whatever it was

duno if thats right they only gave u 4 spaces

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.