Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Refugees Go Clubbing In Russia, Harass Girls, Wake Up In Hospital The Next Morning. Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's funny seeing some of you lot talking about Russian defending of women like they're a place to aspire to in this regard lol. Obviously compared to the places these migrants tend to come from they're an improvement (cause I bet Pussy Riot would get left alone and tolerated in an Islamic country ;-) ) but have some perspective. Russia still sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    This is the most stupid sentence I have ever read.

You want us to provide evidence for something that hasn't been reported to prove that it is under reported?

It hasn't been reported! There is no evidence. That is the whole problem we are discussing. All you can go off is estimates and guess work.

If it were all reported then there would be the evidence to back it up and there wouldn't be an argument but the problem is that if a rape case goes unreported you just turn around and use your usual argument of "show me the evidence".

How about you go on a personal crusade to get every woman in any country who has ever been sexually assaulted to always report the crime even if the authorities don't care? Then we'll have the statistics and evidence to show you. Until then we all have to work off estimates and guess work.
    How is this contradictory to what I am saying?
    The evidence I am asking for is to show that something MIGHT be under-reported. I can say we have aliens living in Buckingham Palace but it's just under-reported, this means nothing. If you think something is under-reported, show us evidence that might suggest you're right, evidence that might suggest that there is an under-reported case of X. An example might be someone guessing there is a certain crime that is not reported due to blackmail for instance. If you go to a police station they will ask you for evidence that might suggest that this is the case.

Estimates and guess work can be used to support and back up an argument. Make a hypothesis, estimate and make educated guesses, extrapolate data from that, show that the extrapolated data fits the real world, and congratulations you have a model to back up your argument. The previous comments were not supported by anything except for word of mouth, which is worth ****-all to anyone who knows anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    The evidence I am asking for is to show that something MIGHT be under-reported. I can say we have aliens living in Buckingham Palace but it's just under-reported, this means nothing. If you think something is under-reported, show us evidence that might suggest you're right, evidence that might suggest that there is an under-reported case of X. An example might be someone guessing there is a certain crime that is not reported due to blackmail for instance. If you go to a police station they will ask you for evidence that might suggest that this is the case.

Estimates and guess work can be used to support and back up an argument. Make a hypothesis, estimate and make educated guesses, extrapolate data from that, show that the extrapolated data fits the real world, and congratulations you have a model to back up your argument. The previous comments were not supported by anything except for word of mouth, which is worth ****-all to anyone who knows anything.
    I don't have any reports from feminist organisations in the Arab world but I do have reports from feminist organisations in this very country (and I'll bet all my money on the fact that if rape is under reported here you can bet that it will be even worse in Arab countries):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...anonymity.html

Last autumn, at a meeting with senior officers from the Metropolitan Police, I was told that more than 2,000 rapes and serious sexual offences had already been reported in London for 2014. One of the officers present said he believed that only a fifth of rapes are actually reported to the police; women’s organisations, who see many victims who dare not report their experience, think that the number is much higher.
    (emphasis mine)

So yeah there is a lot of evidence out there that rapes go unreported even in countries like ours which generally support women who have been raped. Imagine what it is like in Arab countries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)

I gave you evidence though. Read Nawal El-Saadawi's books, as previously mentioned. There are lots of other Arab feminists like her reporting on this matter, btw.

ReputationRep:
    Good.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mess with mother Russia
    They got it coming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    What are you blabbering on about? When did anybody in the world say that? You're making things up again.

Look, I get your wider point that there are racists who've suddenly become verified Tumblr feminists as it now suits (given my distain of menimists etc I have some sympathy to that point) but you're embarrassing yourself with this "yeah cause no white men have ever raped someone before" nonsense. Have some integrity in your arguments please because there's no need to resort to that hysterical nonsense.
    So you agree with me then. You hysterical leftist.

My position is that of stopping oppression of women. That's it. Unfortunately that means I have to stand up against Russian policemen who whip feminist activists for staging a demonstration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    I don't have any reports from feminist organisations in the Arab world but I do have reports from feminist organisations in this very country (and I'll bet all my money on the fact that if rape is under reported here you can bet that it will be even worse in Arab countries):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...anonymity.html

(emphasis mine)

So yeah there is a lot of evidence out there that rapes go unreported even in countries like ours which generally support women who have been raped. Imagine what it is like in Arab countries?
    If you go to my last comment you'll find that I posted about 3 links of evidence to support the cause that you're arguing for. So I am clearly not saying this isn't true, in fact, I know it from personal experience. What I am arguing against is people saying that this is "okay" in Arab countries, it isn't. As I explained before and continue to explain now, rape is scarring both for the girl and her family, but there is nothing they can do to protect their girls. There is no police, no disciplinary force and in the end those rapist tossers end up having what they want. The sad thing is that due to the deteriorating conditions in the Arab world, this class of delinquents is expanding in size and if the borders between the Arab world and the Western world are opened unconditionally, you'll soon have those people here. However, there are good people too, and those people don't deserve to die in a war they had no hand in. So, while we must help those good people to safety, beware of who you might let in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    That wasn't the kind of clubbing they expected...
    PRSOM :lol:

damn u tsr

ReputationRep:
    Russians have balls unlike cuck'd Western Europeans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    The refugees had previously been ordered to leave Norway for “bad behavior” and tried their luck in Russia... The refugees tried to flee but were quickly captured by the Russians.

They then took them out to the street and gave them a beating they will remember.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/04/re...-next-morning/
    Lol dumb refugees.

Russia is just as backward and barbaric as the wartorn chitholes they were escaping from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    It's funny seeing some of you lot talking about Russian defending of women like they're a place to aspire to in this regard lol. Obviously compared to the places these migrants tend to come from they're an improvement (cause I bet Pussy Riot would get left alone and tolerated in an Islamic country ;-) ) but have some perspective. Russia still sucks.
    Lol this.

Russia is a miserable backward chithole.

Would not wish a life in Russia upon any man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Europe Betrayed)
    Russians have balls unlike cuck'd Western Europeans
    No not really.

The russians are just more xenophobic and hate filled.

Russia are definitely in no way a role model for other countries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.