Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why should gay adoptions be legal if? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon993)
    If they're his kids nothing. I have no problem with a gay couple having their own child in any way they choose to do so. But adoption is different. It's placing a child in a home that is most ideal that is my concern. If we can help it I don't think it's a good idea to set children up to fail.
    There's so many kids up for adoption, that any loving family, be it a male and a female, 2 males, 2 females or even just a single person, should be able to give that child the best chance. They have a much better future in a loving home than if they weren't adopted at all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think gay adoption should be illegal... I think single men adoption can be banned if the people chose it to be. Not targeting gays though specifically men is my problem with it as I think a lesbian couple is ok not the best but a man raising a child wouldn't be ideal most likely the least ideal.
    Yes, a bit anecdotal, but my dad raised 4 of us by himself.

He done a damn well good job for how much there was to do.

Women might be able to raise children better by themselves than men, but men can most certainly be as capable as.

(Original post by Macy1998)
    For me, I think having gay parents is going to affect a child's perception on relationships and make the child more likely to be gay. Also I read articles of adults who had two same sex parents and felt like they missed out on having a father or a mother growing up. That is just what I heard. I don't think it should be illegal or anything but it definitely has impact on a kid. I do not know every person who had a two same sex parents or personally have two same sex parents but I still think there are differences between two same sex parents and a mother and father.4

There are single father who still raise their kids properly and might find a mother.
    Just like to say, that I can assure you having two parents will in all likelihood be better than one. Far more financial help.

If they're his kids nothing. I have no problem with a gay couple having their own child in any way they choose to do so. But adoption is different. It's placing a child in a home that is most ideal that is my concern. If we can help it I don't think it's a good idea to set children up to fail.
    I was always of the idea that it was better the child was out of care with a parent, in all likelihood, than being in care with no parent(s) at all.

Haven't researched, but that's the impression I've got.

(Original post by Macy1998)
    I don't believe it should be illegal since not every kid adopted by a gay couple will become messed up. I don't believe in a gay gene. I think gay children become gay by the environment their place. I read a article by a straight guy who felt like he had to pretend to be gay to "fit in" with his parents?

If a single man adopts a kid, I think they would at least raise the kid good enough, lol. Why would a lesbian couple be any better than a single dad?
    Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    I feel that maybe the children should be given a choice in the matter. I'm all for homosexuality in fact I think its quite an important part in our society but it might be more difficult for a child who has been in care to adapt to a family that isn't considered a "normal" family. Sure the child might fit in perfectly well into that family but it might be difficult for children who are young to understand it all especially if they go to school and the majority of other children have a female and male parent. It might just be more difficult for that child is all im saying. But if the child is at an age where they understand it all and know about homosexuality then great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.