Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I Drop Out Of Sixth Form? Watch

Announcements

I will keep this short. I have a business which is finally about to pay off, I've been working on this for a long time and it's just been finalised. I am set to make quite a lot of money, to say the least. I want to drop out and do this full-time but my parents are having none of it. There is no point in me being in sixth form. I hate it and have absolutely no interest in my subject topics any more. I don't want to go through life without any A-Levels but I am beginning to think this will be worth it in the long run.

Can I legally drop out and register as self-employed? I am thinking of moving out as well (possibly) and either renting for the time being or maybe even putting a deposit down for a house, it all depends on sales figures. Is this my decision or do my parents actually have the final say? This could potentially turn into my full time career for many years to come, even though it's not what I originally intended to do, and I think I'm comfortable with that idea. I'm having a bit of a crisis though as there are a lot of different paths I could take and I have no idea which one is right. Would really appreciate some advice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    How old are you and which country do you live in? They've raised the school leaving age (England) to 18; so you have to be in some sort of education or training.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.