The Student Room Group

Who else plans on not having children?.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vintoxilr
Because you are not asking them if they want to be born or not, you are forcing them to be born because you want kids...

You are not asking them if they don't want to be born, you are preventing them from being born because you don't want kids...
Original post by MLPforever
Cats=children.

You got that right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MLPforever
Cats=children.

I second that.
Anybody here that has posted in this thread in a long term relationship, is over the age of 24/25 and doesn't want kids?

I suspect a lot of people here are younger and single/not been in a relationship for more than 5 years.
Original post by hezzlington
It's called discussion. Not sure why you think I'm worried about things that have nothing to do with me.

Well you're in a thread started with the purpose of people who don't want kids to talk about that questioning the decision and choices those people have made.

The thread title isn't do you want kids?" It's "who else doesn't ". If you want kids why open the thread? If you aren't concerned about other people's choices why question them like you believe they have made the wrong choice?

It's rude at best.
yeah, I'm not having children
and I'm not getting married either (it's a scam)
Original post by Aceventurax
So why are you dating a ching ching chong chinese?.

His race is irrelevant you racist ****. Your IP should be perma banned

I want companionship in my life. Race is not an issue for me, I was just attracted to him. Just because I don't want children doesn't mean I want to be lonely.

I'll be leaving this thread, because I've had enough of my life plans being disrespected

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you report people on this thing?
Original post by Age Quod Agis
First of all I couldn't give a monkey's that this planet is "overpopulated" or "dying"...

But It's people like you who shouldn't be having children...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope, don't want kids, or to be honest, a wife in the future... how I feel now anyway, because I want to be able to move around and do what I want without being tied down.
Original post by PQ
Well you're in a thread started with the purpose of people who don't want kids to talk about that questioning the decision and choices those people have made.

The thread title isn't do you want kids?" It's "who else doesn't ". If you want kids why open the thread? If you aren't concerned about other people's choices why question them like you believe they have made the wrong choice?

It's rude at best.

You've been on TSR for a long time so I'm surprised at your poor attitude.

Just because the thread has a title I do not relate to, does/should that exclude me from being able to participate? I have not disagreed/challenged/disrespected anybody in this thread, all I have done is queried.

I never said or even implied that lady has made a poor choice, what have I said that gave you that impression?

Rude at best?

Grow up.
Original post by AmazingArry
Same here. But not 2 just 1. I don't want to plague someone with a sibling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love having siblings though. Although we are years apart, if I had a brother or sister my age it'd be awesome.
You've been on TSR for a long time so I'm surprised at your poor attitude.

Just because the thread has a title I do not relate to, does/should that exclude me from being able to participate? I have not disagreed/challenged/disrespected anybody in this thread, all I have done is queried.

I never said or even implied that lady has made a poor choice, what have I said that gave you that impression?

Rude at best?

Grow up.

It's rude and disrespectful to suggest ways of someone having a child when they've explicitly stated they don't want them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3

At any age? :erm:

They're all evil. Never understood the "cute" argument - babies are not cute at all.
Babies are loud and needy and gross; children are too questioning, teens are abhorrent. What if one ended up a delinquent?! (Or left wing, oops)

I’m sure hubbie will take care of the money regardless :h:

Damn right, so I can secretly squirrel my own fortunes away for a rainy day

”Seen and not heard” isn’t impossible to implement :haughty:

I've heard Saw-esque restraining methods are less acceptable these days :frown:
I did once postulate a situation where the child is raised by a goat till the age of 16 just for lols, but apparently that's equally evil! Who'd have known....

Plenty of mums have bods to die for fam

And plenty don't.. Plus an unnecessary strain on joints, walking to uni and back is tiring as is without a parasite attached.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, although granted it’s quite tricky to juggle. Flipside is, if you find success in your career then it may not be till you reach your 30’s/40’s before you’re able to put things into a holding pattern and start a family at which point it becomes risky/arguably unethical even to attempt it

I don't think sprogs go well with a high-travelling career that I'd consider to be optimal. Plus I'd refuse to look after the things anyway.

You could adopt :smile: Plus I wouldn’t be surprised if some hypermobility syndromes relate significantly to environmental factors e.g. what I’ve been discovering about what’s plausibly been disrupting my own health. My sprogs won’t be exposed to the same crap I was, I’ma make sure of that!

Still don't like them enough.
The only way I'd ever consider it is either adopting or surrogacy, and having someone else look after it and pay for it themselves if they were so desperate.

Hmm, that sounds pretty nasty though - reminds me of Saul's dad from Better Call Saul.
Original post by super_kawaii
But they're constantly so noisy and always get under your feet. They're expensive and overly needy too. I'd rather adopt a child who was past the clingy stage so they can look after themselves more

If everyone thought that way then the human race will end lol! And once kids are much older they become more independent so you will rarely get the chance to feel what it is like to raise a child and the adopted child will never see you as their real parents.
Original post by Gilezzz
If everyone thought that way then the human race will end lol! And once kids are much older they become more independent so you will rarely get the chance to feel what it is like to raise a child and the adopted child will never see you as their real parents.

Don't really care.

Once I'm dead, I'll be too dead to care about whether or not the human race dies out or not.

Complete non issue to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by super_kawaii
It's rude and disrespectful to suggest ways of someone having a child when they've explicitly stated they don't want them

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't suggest a way for you to have children. My reply to you wasn't a suggestion that you should adopt.

You've stated you don't want to pass down 'bad genes'. There are disabled people or people with mental health conditions that do want children. My reply was basically saying just because you have conditions, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't be a good and loving parent.

Again, I'll re-write this so it's clear.

I am not/was not suggesting a way for you to have children. That's none of my business.
I didn't suggest a way for you to have children. My reply to you wasn't a suggestion that you should adopt.

You've stated you don't want to pass down 'bad genes'. There are disabled people or people with mental health conditions that do want children. My reply was basically saying just because you have conditions, that doesn't necessarily mean you can't be a good and loving parent.

Again, I'll re-write this so it's clear.

I am not/was not suggesting a way for you to have children. That's none of my business.

I don't care if I'll be a good parent or not. The thought of any being so dependent on me absolutely terrifies me.

I couldn't love my children because I know I never wanted them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning on not having children.. For now at least, I don't know how it's going to be in the future.

I don't see anything in particular that could possibly change my mind.

It's possible that I don't have enough experience, which makes me feel that way, but through all these years which I've been living.. I wouldn't want my child to be part of it.

On the other hand..

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aceventurax
So don't date ching ching chongs...

Are you going to provide anything constructive to the discussion or are you just going to carry on being racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest