The thirst, the THIRST.....
Original post by scnotcrazy
Me and@MevMev are looking for something brilliant
to come along lol 😊

You called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acupofgreentea
Indeed it is. :yep:

To be fair, I imagine you deserve it - a First in Maths from Imperial doesn't come without serious hard work. :redface: I can understand how it'd be strange, though - in about eight months, you'll be a Cambridge student! :awesome:

To be fair a lot of people in my year got 1st class degrees, so I don't think much of it :redface:

And I know! :woo: That's going to take a while to sink in :lol:

I can imagine it would, but that's all you can do, really - keep yourself busy! :yep: You know you've got your place for certain now, so just take this time to relax and savour the time you have left before heading full force back into academics.

Also, you can try and meet your reading challenge while you have the chance. :yep: One of us might as well. :lol:

That's good advice! :h:

But I'm currently reading War and Peace (less than a third of the way through), so I'll need to recover in order to meet my target of 52 :redface:

Like I've said, though, the way to look at it is you've recieved an offer from Cambridge - for a lot of people, that seems impossible within itself. Now you have that, anything's possible! How long has it been since you officially recieved your offer?

Just a few days. Hopefully Trinity will let me know soon, though I fully expect them to reject me (again!!) :redface:

Although it does mean you won't be able to have a family tradition a la Student403, I think - in our heart of hearts - we can all recognise Cambridge is the better choice. :awesome:

I mean, John Oliver and Hugh Laurie went there, c'mon. :biggrin:

Yes, Cambridge is the better choice! :yep: But my sister's in her 1st year at Oxford now, and she keeps telling me how amazing that university is. Needless to say that I'm having none of it! :tongue:
Original post by acupofgreentea
Indeed it is. :yep:

To be fair, I imagine you deserve it - a First in Maths from Imperial doesn't come without serious hard work. :redface: I can understand how it'd be strange, though - in about eight months, you'll be a Cambridge student! :awesome:

I can imagine it would, but that's all you can do, really - keep yourself busy! :yep: You know you've got your place for certain now, so just take this time to relax and savour the time you have left before heading full force back into academics.

Also, you can try and meet your reading challenge while you have the chance. :yep: One of us might as well. :lol:

Like I've said, though, the way to look at it is you've recieved an offer from Cambridge - for a lot of people, that seems impossible within itself. Now you have that, anything's possible! How long has it been since you officially recieved your offer?

Although it does mean you won't be able to have a family tradition a la Student403, I think - in our heart of hearts - we can all recognise Cambridge is the better choice. :awesome:

I mean, John Oliver and Hugh Laurie went there, c'mon. :biggrin:

Hey a shoutout! :wavey:

I am not sure if I'll even get in, though, so maybe Ind and I will end up in a similar boat in a few months time :redface: No worries! Carrying the family to different lands! :biggrin:
Original post by Student403
Hey a shoutout! :wavey:

I am not sure if I'll even get in, though, so maybe Ind and I will end up in a similar boat in a few months time :redface: No worries! Carrying the family to different lands! :biggrin:

You and @Indeterminate are related? :beard:
Original post by Hydeman
You and @Indeterminate are related? :beard:

Noo basically both mine and Indeterminate's parents went to one place (Mine to Cornell his to Oxford) so if possible I would like to go to a place as good as if not better than my parents' alma mater. Much like Indeterminate is doing now :wink:
Original post by Student403
Noo basically both mine and Indeterminate's parents went to one place (Mine to Cornell his to Oxford) so if possible I would like to go to a place as good as if not better than my parents' alma mater. Much like Indeterminate is doing now :wink:

Is that a subtle way of saying that Cambridge > Oxford? :mmm: BURN.
Original post by Hydeman

Maaaaybe :giggle:
Original post by Hydeman

:laugh:

But I think it's true :yep: My family would obviously say otherwise :biggrin:
Original post by scnotcrazy
Me and@MevMev are looking for something brilliant to come along lol 😊

lol more like someONE brilliant hun :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending