Warwick v Birmingham v KCL

Watch this thread
mutantman52
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
I am hoping to study Law next year and have the following offers from these universities:
KCL - A*AA
Warwick - AAA
Birmingham - Unconditional (if firmed, AAA if insurance)

Out of these 3, I think Warwick's degree sounds the most interesting, as it offers a contextually based course. Although, job prospects is a big factor too. As such, which would be the better uni for me to firm?
mutantman52
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
bump
mutantman52
Rep:
alldaydreaming
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing an essay competition with Warwick university's law school at the moment. It's so nice - the lecturers and the academics all seem so knowledgeable and experienced; they're so helpful. Some of the student ambassadors there also say the course is very broad - its more academic than some other unis but the additional module choices are so varied - they even have Shakespeare and the law as a module.
And I've visited quite a few times (with school trips etc.) The campus is beautiful! Everyone's so friendly. It's a very good university with a lot of good links.
mutantman52
Rep:
(Original post by alldaydreaming)
I'm doing an essay competition with Warwick university's law school at the moment. It's so nice - the lecturers and the academics all seem so knowledgeable and experienced; they're so helpful. Some of the student ambassadors there also say the course is very broad - its more academic than some other unis but the additional module choices are so varied - they even have Shakespeare and the law as a module.
And I've visited quite a few times (with school trips etc.) The campus is beautiful! Everyone's so friendly. It's a very good university with a lot of good links.
Thanks for answering!
I heard that their course was slightly more varied (interesting) too. Tbh, I might just firm them
tubkb
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
job prospects wise this squire a difficult one; Birmingham University is one of the top in the country for post graduate hiring and Birmingham City itself (the place not the football team!) has a ton of big name firms there- if they're not in London they're in Birmingham. Campus is pretty and near a big city if size and stuff to do has any effect on your decisions. Plus having their offer be unconditional is pretty nice to have unless you are absolutely certain you can get your grades- I had a lot of my friends crying whilst searching through clearing last time and trust me its not fun!
Warwick as said above has a really, really interesting course which is so broad. Name wise I would say its more prestigious than Birmingham so whilst Birmingham might have the higher post graduate hiring rates I think Warwick is better job wise as most employers will go off prestige- although both are known as great law unis so not a massive difference.
KCL is by far the best out of the 3, hence their high offer, its well known nationally and internationally and will be far more impressive on your cv than the others, its most ranked in the top 10 for law (and most subjects) and obviously you're in London so there are talks, galleries millions of clubs etc to go to. The cons are the high grades- whether you're sure you can reach them- and the normal cons of London universities- the cost of going out means you will only be able to afford to go out maybe once a week, finding accommodation if you ever don't get university accommodation is the most horrendous thing unless you have billions in the bank/ a really nice friend/ don't mind living in a absolute **** hole in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not sure if this has even helped, but good luck choosing. And for the record if I knew I could get the grades I would put KCL as my firm as it is by far the best university- you must be a very good applicant to have received an offer from them.
tubkb
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=88536
mutantman52
Rep:
(Original post by tubkb)
job prospects wise this squire a difficult one; Birmingham University is one of the top in the country for post graduate hiring and Birmingham City itself (the place not the football team!) has a ton of big name firms there- if they're not in London they're in Birmingham. Campus is pretty and near a big city if size and stuff to do has any effect on your decisions. Plus having their offer be unconditional is pretty nice to have unless you are absolutely certain you can get your grades- I had a lot of my friends crying whilst searching through clearing last time and trust me its not fun!
Warwick as said above has a really, really interesting course which is so broad. Name wise I would say its more prestigious than Birmingham so whilst Birmingham might have the higher post graduate hiring rates I think Warwick is better job wise as most employers will go off prestige- although both are known as great law unis so not a massive difference.
KCL is by far the best out of the 3, hence their high offer, its well known nationally and internationally and will be far more impressive on your cv than the others, its most ranked in the top 10 for law (and most subjects) and obviously you're in London so there are talks, galleries millions of clubs etc to go to. The cons are the high grades- whether you're sure you can reach them- and the normal cons of London universities- the cost of going out means you will only be able to afford to go out maybe once a week, finding accommodation if you ever don't get university accommodation is the most horrendous thing unless you have billions in the bank/ a really nice friend/ don't mind living in a absolute **** hole in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not sure if this has even helped, but good luck choosing. And for the record if I knew I could get the grades I would put KCL as my firm as it is by far the best university- you must be a very good applicant to have received an offer from them.
tysm mate, tbh I was thinking this too. gunna firm KCL and insure Warwick. thanks a bunch
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (112)
29.24%
It went fairly well (183)
47.78%
It didn't go too well (60)
15.67%
TERRIBLE! (28)
7.31%

Watched Threads