Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR History Tomorrow .... watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have Paper 2 tomorrow, the source evaluation one? Medicine Through Time. How are you revising for this and how did you find Paper 1 last wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    I have the British paper...i didnt revise for my mocks and got 86%...so im hoping i can replicate that performance, without revision...lol...NOT HAPPENING...for my coursework i got full marks on sources...so what ive done is im reading through my last question, and picking up techniques ...i cant find my other pieces, which is kind of a bummer...i couldve like read through them.

Since i havent done any revision on the British topic im just going to read through events to famaliarise myself with them. I always find that facts and things dont matter on sources...just include what you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    I have the British paper...i didnt revise for my mocks and got 86%...so im hoping i can replicate that performance, without revision...lol...NOT HAPPENING...for my coursework i got full marks on sources...so what ive done is im reading through my last question, and picking up techniques ...i cant find my other pieces, which is kind of a bummer...i couldve like read through them.

Since i havent done any revision on the British topic im just going to read through events to famaliarise myself with them. I always find that facts and things dont matter on sources...just include what you know.

Yeh thanks. It's just that I haven't really done any revision for tomorrow, but I think I'm just going to read through my notes a bit later on. I suppose it just comes down to your source evaluation skills. I'm just worried cos all of our class did really badly on Paper 2 in the Mocks! Anyway I also got full marks on both of my History courseworks, so that should pull my grade up ... hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeh thanks. It's just that I haven't really done any revision for tomorrow, but I think I'm just going to read through my notes a bit later on. I suppose it just comes down to your source evaluation skills. I'm just worried cos all of our class did really badly on Paper 2 in the Mocks! Anyway I also got full marks on both of my History courseworks, so that should pull my grade up ... hopefully!
    For some reason i find paper 2 so much easier than paper 1...i find its a bit of a life saver...im speaking to soon! I might eat my words after the exam..i dunno. I agree...its like english, you either have it in you or you dont.

How did yo ufind physics?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing paper 2 tommorow too, my last exam! Our teacher told us to revise technique more than content for this exam, you need to know some background info about medicine, but more importantly be able to evaluate the reliability of the sources and what they show. Remember all sources are useful is some way but unreliable in others so you need to give both sides of the argument if you are asked 'to what extent...'

I'm just reading through my medicine notes and looking at some past papers

ReputationRep:
    I've got paper 2. I'm not particularly worried, I'm guessing it's going to have cholera and 19th century public health seeing as it oddly wasn't on paper 1.

I found paper 1 really good. The questions were good, and there was little point of revising because you could write what you wanted to an extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I've got paper 2. I'm not particularly worried, I'm guessing it's going to have cholera and 19th century public health seeing as it oddly wasn't on paper 1.

I found paper 1 really good. The questions were good, and there was little point of revising because you could write what you wanted to an extent.
    Yeh Paper 1 was good but I didn't like the Law and Order Question at all, I think I lost a lot of marks on that one! But then again, talking to my friends, they had the same problem! Which questions did you choose to do? I did the one on Fleming and Pasteur on Medicine and for American West I did the Mormons and the Homesteaders. That question was pretty much a gift!

Have you got any good site/links with tips on the evaluation technique, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    Yeh Paper 1 was good but I didn't like the Law and Order Question at all, I think I lost a lot of marks on that one! But then again, talking to my friends, they had the same problem! Which questions did you choose to do? I did the one on Fleming and Pasteur on Medicine and for American West I did the Mormons and the Homesteaders. That question was pretty much a gift!

Have you got any good site/links with tips on the evaluation technique, anyone?
    I chose the same American West question as you, but for the MTT I chose the second question which allowed me to discuss chance and war, which was fantastic because it didn't ask for any particular knowledge and I could choose what I wanted to put in.

I didn't like the question, "who was more successful", it seemed to simple to be true. They both had a tough time but both made it in the end, is the sort of answer I put. I didn't like the question asking about the front cover of that book, I put that it didn't really tell me much, although I wrote it a lot better than that!

The law and order question was very good I found, I'm sure you've done fine providing you listed the reasons why people came into conflict and what action they had to take.

Tips, well more sites suggest : do a lot of discussing, don't follow one point, look at things from other points of view but try and come to a clear conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I chose the same American West question as you, but for the MTT I chose the second question which allowed me to discuss chance and war, which was fantastic because it didn't ask for any particular knowledge and I could choose what I wanted to put in.

I didn't like the question, "who was more successful", it seemed to simple to be true. They both had a tough time but both made it in the end, is the sort of answer I put. I didn't like the question asking about the front cover of that book, I put that it didn't really tell me much, although I wrote it a lot better than that!

The law and order question was very good I found, I'm sure you've done fine providing you listed the reasons why people came into conflict and what action they had to take.

Tips, well more sites suggest : do a lot of discussing, don't follow one point, look at things from other points of view but try and come to a clear conclusion.
    Ahhh thanks for the tips!

I chose the Fleming and Pasteur question because it was fresh in my mind from the morning, because I had just revised/learnt it, so it was good!

About the American West question, I put about both of their successes and failures, explaining them all. Then I did a short para at the end saying I thought that the Homesteaders were more successful. But they aren't bothered at all who you put down, just as long as you justify your opinion with info appropriate to the question.

Do you know what topics came up on last year's paper 2? Then I can kinda eliminate whats going to come up this year.

ReputationRep:
    bump

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.