Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for a Foundation Degree in International Hospitality and Tourism Management at one of my F.E. college's campus, I can get down, the major problem is that would require me to take 2 buses to get to the campus which would take me at least travelling at least 3 hours by bus, why didn't I apply for university instead it would have been far easier than this ****. It would be easier for me to apply for another F.E. college and do the FD there as I can get down and up easier by bus in 45 minutes, should I do that instead?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonJo000)
    I applied for a Foundation Degree in International Hospitality and Tourism Management at one of my F.E. college's campus, I can get down, the major problem is that would require me to take 2 buses to get to the campus which would take me at least travelling at least 3 hours by bus, why didn't I apply for university instead it would have been far easier than this ****. It would be easier for me to apply for another F.E. college and do the FD there as I can get down and up easier by bus in 45 minutes, should I do that instead?
    Is this going to be 3 hours each way?

ReputationRep:
    It would be only about 1 hour and 15 minutes travelling down and the same travelling back up, but the problem is that the buses go after 9:00am and I would need to be at the college campus by 9:30am, I've applied for two courses at another F.E. college which are both Foundatiion Degrees, Events Management and International Travel and Tourism Management, travelling only takes about 1 hour each way and it's much easier to get the bus up and down to it, they also go before 8:00am which is good for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonJo000)
    It would be only about 1 hour and 15 minutes travelling down and the same travelling back up, but the problem is that the buses go after 9:00am and I would need to be at the college campus by 9:30am, I've applied for two courses at another F.E. college which are both Foundatiion Degrees, Events Management and International Travel and Tourism Management, travelling only takes about 1 hour each way and it's much easier to get the bus up and down to it, they also go before 8:00am which is good for me.
    I travel an hour and 15 to uni now and it is really tiring.
    It sounds like these other FE colleges would be a lot easier for you, but do you think you'll still enjoy the courses there?

ReputationRep:
    I should enjoy the course, but it's just that I'll miss the tutors that I had during my 3 years doing the BTEC Level 2 Firsts Diploma and Level 3 Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism, I would love for them to teach me for 2 more years while I'm doing the FD and stay down near the campus but at the end of it all, I have to do what's right and what's the easiest option for me and that's not the right choice for me, it's too difficult to undertake. I should be OK living down in a major city on my own.

ReputationRep:
    One thing you'll learn even more as you go further in life is that time is worth a lot. Losing 3 hours each day on a commute could be spent resting or studying instead. Or even a part time job! That much travel time every day is frankly unthinkable for me, but that's probably just my age and impatience showing. Stay somewhere closer, and make the most out of your time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.