The Student Room Group

IGCSE

So I am taking my IGCSE Exams in May/June seating and I am really hoping for someone to share with me your notes. How do you all manage your time wisely and teach me how to study effectively
Original post by Vivekanantha
So I am taking my IGCSE Exams in May/June seating and I am really hoping for someone to share with me your notes. How do you all manage your time wisely and teach me how to study effectively

To manage your time, try creating a study timetable. You can make one on TSR: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner :smile:
Original post by Vivekanantha

Well I do my revision different than others for one, the student room timetable isn't that handy for me I just end up noting down what to do etc on excel.

So, everything you've learnt for each unit on each subject in A5 notebook (questions on back, notes on front) then slowly build up on revision while writing on A4 lined paper (ONLY the questions) with number reference for each page to link it up while writing in multi-coloured in BIC multi-coloured pen which is really handy.
Then put each unit into a folder with the plastic sleeves with a label on it on what unit and subject.

You don't just need to write you can also do diagram and when remembering list I do like this.. CEA MOT which is English story setting.

Character
Event
Atmosphere

Mood
Objets and crops
Title
so its all noted down into simple wording, in order to remember things such as this you need to write and remember over and over, repetiton will help a ton. Get flash cards for those sort of things and builds up slowly.

For Maths its different, write the topic lists down on word and print out as a ticklist, find by teacher or syllabus online (if your doing AQA GCSE Maths A I can give you the list) After that, find what topics you 100% know then tick them, the ones not 100% you'll need to get a workbook and revision guide (I'd recommend cpgbooks) then on the A4 paper for Maths topic I write example questions then explain it while doing it so when I look back at it I will know. Once you written down the certain topic you then use workbook to do question and any you get wrong check the answer and see what you got wrong on your own then write on the topic paper that question and step to step how to do correctly to prevent again.

Also, for timing...

20 minutes - writing
10 minutes - break
20 minutes - revising the certain topic/do maths questions
10 minutes - break
and do all over again

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Hey, Thank You very much for your advice.I wish you a best of luck as well

Quick Reply

Latest